1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

When do mlife tier credits get applied?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Alhanalasa, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alhanalasa

Alhanalasa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apologies for the newb question. :)

I am on the verge of gold with Mlife, and am hoping to reach it towards the beginning of my next trip in order to take advantage of the cafe/coffee shop line passes - we'll save a ton of time having breakfast most days. When I charge dining to my room, do the tier credits get applied when that is processed or when I settle the bill at the end of the trip? Am I better off just presenting my mlife card and paying the restaurant to get the tier credits applied more quickly?

I do not play enough to get anything except express comps removed from the bill, so that is not a factor at all.

Thanks so much for any insight you may have! :beer:

2. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I remember correctly from last year the credits from room charges were not added until after checkout. Usually a day or so later. Gaming credits get added very quickly and the best way to check on that is to use the MLife phone app so that you know when you reach gold and can go get a new card. I've never handed my card when paying a bill but I assume the credits would be added right away. Someone might correct me on that so take it for what it's worth. How many more credits do you need? Good luck

3. Alhanalasa

Alhanalasa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Just under 24k, which is kind of a lot, but we do spend a lot at the restaurants, so I was hoping we'd at least get to use the line passes for a couple days.

4. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Since I replied I did some more checking and there seems to be contradictory info. On MLife's Facebook page someone asked your exact question and got one response and that person (not from MLife but from someone I recognize from another site who seems to know a lot) said the credits are added right away. I'm sure one of the more knowledgable posters will come along and give you more info.

I assume you know that you already have a pass to the buffet lines with Pearl.

5. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can confirm tier credits are added on a per-day basis. During say a 5-night stay, you'd get tier credits based on the room rate each night. So if you check the following morning, they should be on your account. It's how I earned Pearl on my last visit mid-trip.

6. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am pretty sure our points got added after each night when we stayed at Mirage. I also don't remember a ton of points being put on at the end of our stay. It would have been close to 10k pts just for the cost of our hotel room.

7. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a question....do you get Tier credits for a comp room? Or only for what you actually spend money on

8. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comps don't count unfortunately. Just money spent excluding tips, taxes

9. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, but you get them for resort fees.

Also as others have said, they are added on a nightly basis.

10. Alhanalasa

Alhanalasa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the charges are added every night, that's perfect! :woot: I'll definitely hit gold mid-trip. I do know about the buffet line passes, but the only buffet we do is the Country Club Jazz brunch at the Wynn, so we haven't found that as useful. We tend to do breakfast at either the Aria or Bellagio cafe, and skipping either of those lines will save us tons of time.

Thank you all so much!

11. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They get added from the restaurant and bar bills very quickly. Just check with the desk in the morning and they will say if you are there yet.

I don't recall a gold line for coffee though. The is one for check in, but never seen at a breakfast place. Where are you referring to?

12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience with Tier Credit and ExpressComps/PointPlay posting:

• Anything on your room folio (nightly room rate, resort fee, restaurant charges, etc): overnight
    • Hand in your MLife card at a restaurant or bar and pay with a credit card or cash: within minutes
    • Slot gaming: within minutes after you end a session
    • Table Gaming: varies, but I'd say usually within an hour after the box closes your session

Be aware that Tier Credits will get backed out if you receive back end comps or apply ExpressComps to your bill at the end of your trip.

13. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll add that it tends to vary quite a bit depending on the mood of the hamsters inside the MLife servers. I've had trips where credits got added on a near-realtime basis as I charged things to the room, trips where credits posted daily, trips where all the credits posted at the end, and trips where nothing posted until I called a couple weeks later.

14. Alhanalasa

Alhanalasa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess MLife calls them all "cafes", not "coffee shops". Am I dating myself by the latter phrase? Or are they still called coffee shops downtown? In any case, it's the 2 cafes I mentioned above that we'll really notice the benefits.

15. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, my tier credits for spend have been showing up very quickly. Certainly by overnight. They accumulate over the course of the trip. So you should be good to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.