1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Where are the MyVegas phone operators?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by M_ILIS, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've booked several trips in the past with no problems with the MyVegas phone reservations system. Today, however, I called earlier and ended up hanging up after about 15 minutes on hold to make a reservation at Monte Carlo. I waited a few hours and called back, and now I've been on hold 22 minutes and counting. The reservations office closes in 12 minutes. WTF? Anyone else experience this problem?

2. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you calling 1-855-881-6014 thats the number and they are there.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  3. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I called the right number. (I think the number you posted is missing a few digits.) Anyway, they answered a couple minutes later and everything worked out. At the end of the call I asked the woman if they were busier than normal and she said a lot of people lately had mentioned how long they had to wait on hold. She blamed it on being EDC week; not sure if that makes any sense in that most people would have already reserved a long time ago, but whatever. She was very friendly and helped get the two reservations I needed and linked them together.

Anyway, maybe be prepared to wait a while when making future hotel reservations through MyVegas.

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel it makes more sense than one might think. But obviously ppl run the risk of not getting a room if they wait THIS late. But I think if the "basic" room is still available, myVegas may still be able to give it to you. Don't quote me on that though. Monte Carlo is still available for example for $562 + taxes/fees for 3 nights starting Friday. MGM Grand $680. Mirage $707. Aria $937. So being able to use weekend nights would definitely be much better value than most weekends.

Simplest thing to do is wait til Monday if your reservation is awhile down the road. The multiple times I called for rooms/show tickets, I've waited 1 or 2 minutes usually.

5. Vegas Lover

Vegas Lover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Called two weeks ago & I was on hold for over 30 mins. I was not a happy person.

6. louze001

louze001 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was on hold for close to an hour about a week ago booking a room for NYNY

7. Cinwhim

Cinwhim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like its still a problem - with booking rooms anyway. I called Tuesday night for rooms at NYNY and waited just under an hour, only to find out my second night wasn't available. Calling again tonight to finish my reservations and have been holding 48 minutes and counting.......after having my call dropped after 15 minutes the first time. :grrr:

I work in a call center so asked the lady the first night and she said they have been pretty busy but have no idea how long people wait. She said they used to have a ticker that would tell them how many people were waiting and how long they were on hold, but management took it down. She said most people are understanding - which is what I was. Nothing is free and I figure I earned the rooms! However, if we have wait times over 3 minutes where I work now, the boss is having a cow!

I did call last night to book our Love tickets and got someone right away. It was earlier in the day, so I don't know if that has something to do with it or not.

8. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only called twice but didn't have to wait but a minute or two each time.

9. Armadillo Al

Armadillo Al Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since the plural of anecdote is data, I had a wait of approximately two minutes Monday evening, roughly 8:15 pm Pacific. So it's obviously not universal.

10. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Called last week. Did not wait on hold at all.

I am special.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Cinwhim

Cinwhim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to give an update - I stayed on hold last night for 2 hours and 50 minutes. At that point it was just to see if I could get anyone to answer. I gave up at 11pm eastern. When I called back a little bit ago, there was no tree asking if I was booking a room or show, just stated that I the call would be recorded and then someone answered immediately. Yay! :banana: The lady was not as friendly as the others who I had talked to in the past so didn't even mention the hold times from the night before.

Sounds like they might have a few dedicated reps for higher level properties that they opened up to all calls because call volume was so high. I have a feeling that people are trying to use comps before they make changes. Everything I have redeemed says it has to be done by 9/30, even the new one I did yesterday. -shrug- I'm happy. I was never upset at the hold really - I was just dumbfounded that they can get away with it without getting slammed by customers.

Moral of my story, if you wait more than 5 minutes, give up and call back another day!

Cin

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  12. Tammer

Tammer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Called last Saturday morning and after a brief wait, maybe 1 or 2 minutes I got an agent. Called back early afternoon, waited 45 minutes, got tired of waiting and hung up. Called early evening and got right through...from my experience, I'm thinking time of day plays a huge part in how long you wait.

13. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can anybody get through to a rewards operator at MyVegas?!!

I want to redeem a few rewards and I was on hold for 20 minutes, but just getting the recording that someone would be right with me and that my call is very important to them Then I called and held on for ten minutes. Now the last call to them a few moments ago was 30 minutes of me listening to muzak and how valuable my call is. Not once did a human come on the line!!!!

14. Dr3aMCaster

Dr3aMCaster Tourist

When I called last week to book my room, I was on hold for 30 mins and then the line dropped and so I had to call back and was on hold for another 25 minutes...meh

15. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just called for Show Reservations for a MyVegas reward at about 1:30 Pacific time and I was on hold for about 30 seconds before being connected with an operator. Not bad at all and a very nice very helpful person answered the phone.

-Max

16. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  17. rvallez6

rvallez6 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First call I had went through in 5 minutes. I tried to book NYNY. . Couldn't do it. Today I called to redeem for monte carlo, took an hour to connect, but I got the dates I wanted. Differences between NYNY and MC, NYNY does not allow consecutive nights, MC allows it. They also told me when I book my third night (I'm paying for the 3rd night), I can call and have them setup my 3 nights as one reservation.

18. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just called last night to add a 5th day to our trip for MGM and was on hold for 30mins. That was about 7:30pm PT. I gave up to eat dinner (will never put a hold on dinner!). I tried again at about 9:00 thinking less people were trying. Nope. Was on hold for another 25mins. Gave up again to finish the movie we were watching. Tried again at about 9:45 to get in before they closed. This time it was about a 10min wait and finally got someone. I have to admit she sounded a bit tired and ready to go home but was she was nice for the most part. Added the room just fine and all is well... I hope. I got the confirmation number and all.

I wanted to get this done fearing the Friday night may have been sold out. I (for some reason) already changed our flight to the next day before confirming the room reward, which I should have done after booking the extra night! Thankfully they had the night and added it to the rest of our booked nights.

To add, when I originally booked the first 4 nights I don't remember staying on hold that long. It was midday so maybe that had something to do with it. It was maybe a 5min way. This was early June. And of course doing this last year I was only on hold for a few minutes.

19. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While on hold for hotel reservations, I began to wonder about how when you call they break the different hotels into "Press 1," "Press 2," etc. that the 1 is for the highest-cost hotels and works it way down to "4. Luxor and Excalibur." I wondered if they were answering the "1." highest-priced hotels" first and everyone else could just wait?

20. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HallOfPromise, I noticed from your banner that this will be your first time at the MGM Grand. Terrific place to stay, but one word of caution when you get there...be SUPER-NICE to the person at check-in and see if you can get a room near the elevators. The corridors are so long that if you get a room at the end of the hall, you will feel you have been walking so long that your room is in a different time zone.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.