1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

drais saturday nite pics and some reviews

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by paperposter, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    once again like in the sumer its an inside an outside club, door guys great, there still working out alot of the kinks,looks like the outside club closes around 2am and everyone goes inside same as marqure, they also blocked of a bunch of the bathroom rooms knowbody will give a honest answer why just one of the knew kinks there dealing with.

a heineken will cost you 12 $ tip not included
    mix hard drix close to 20$ tip not included

drias is the most expensive club on the strip for drinks just a heads up

Attached Files:

2. Haute_Shot

Haute_Shot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    last time i was there. it was saturday night, very nice venue good layout design.

tho the club needs to get more people to fill the space both indoors and out.

lots of potential, i still like XS the best

3. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i agree about getting more people , thats one of the reasons i think sls will have problem over saturation of the same .

the thing drais is doing well is bending over backwards to be nice wich is a change for vegas clubs especialy with the front line of doorman and downstair security

4. Haute_Shot

Haute_Shot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i actually like drais over light, but light is popping every night.

not sure what the economics of hiring Alist mainstream DJ are but i read drais prefer to showcase "lesser expensive DJs". may cuz they spent big money constructing the club

people know krewella flock to light

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i hate light ,the layout suxs unless u do bottle service other wise i think its a piss poor designed club.

the diffrence between big name dj and what drias is doing is alot.

just a ball park light ot hakkasan with all there dj in one nite can expensive around 350-400k main dj ,early dj 10- 1 am , then hakkasan the ling ling room

drias i bet is under a 100k a nite probaly closer 50-75 k

so yes less people but more money in there pocket.

tiesto get 250k a nite

i think calvin harris is 350k

so the numbers add up

i used to see steve aioki for free knowbody cared

6. Haute_Shot

Haute_Shot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    10462845_10152575589174314_6425067478237015751_n.jpg

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  7. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Big names attract more people as we all know. I think Drais is in part depending on word of mouth to build the clientele and grow the reputation.

I have not read a post yet slamming the place which to me is a positive.

8. Kickin

Kickin Flea

What was the music and vibe like? Is it less of a sausage fest than the big EDM clubs? It's probably better using lesser known DJs so at least it can be more of a lounge/club than a concert.

paper if you're around in 3 weeks I'd be up to check it out. I used to like his after hours years ago. Drinks on me. :beer:

9. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

your buying ill be there

not after hours im talking about as drias is 2 clubs now regulat and after ,after is underground. this is for regular

thursday non edm basicaly a cross off all old school edm hip hop mash up, i really like it it, friday sat nite is more edm based , havent been sunday yet

definatly more of an open flow patern as it basicly one level so yes your not grinding on the guy next to you.

i like thursdays

havent been to after hours i go else where, and as of now there asking for guys i belive 30-40 $ at after hours and i never like drias after hours before so i go other places. i can proply get comped in but at 5 am i dont like dealing with the bullshit at the after hours unless im walked in.

drinks at drias are the most on the strip 2 drinks will cover there charge so they have to lighten up a bit at there after hours

rember as long as the outdoor pool is open its easy to chill outside and just drink and listen to the music great way to spend the nite at drias then go inside there conect look at my pictures

10. talontamer

talontamer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Guys, Im posting here because it seems you two have a good grasp on the A+ scene. Coming Aug 15-18th. Was thinking Hakk Sat night (heard Tiesto might be there after the fact) and night Swim XS on sunday. MIGHT do Cabana on Sunday day to relax and maybe catch a nap and people watch. Buddy im going with wants to B a Baller (something im not used to necessarilty) so bottle service at Hakk and XS. Compared to all the options out there (pretty over whelming) do you have any suggestions? Bottle service is to A: get a place to sit, B: not stand in a line up, C: maybe chat up some ladies and have drinks.
    Prob do some dancing but mostly people watching and enjoy the music without being grinded by sweaty dudes.

Thoughts?
    Best regards,

TT

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

whats ur actualy question as u seem to have a plan all ready seems good , its alot of drinking and long days , just a heads up looking at your plan u could be looking at 7500-10k budget depending on how many guys and where u sit

if tiesto is playing hakka on a saturday it will cost u around 2500-3000 for a tabble so u can see him not in the other side of the club and it could be more, im notsure what a cabana could be but a few grand is my guess, so it wount be a cheap weekend

if money is no issue u get table service, if not you stand, headlining djs go on at 1 am and play till 3 am , its your decision u seem to know what u want to do

12. talontamer

talontamer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thx Paper, I suppose my question is; that given all the alternatives, would you guys have better recommendations then what I kinda have in mind? Also, Tiesto was unexpected, but found out after I talked to a host at Hakk. Money is.. pretty free flowing but it's just the two of us so there is a limit to the madness. I WAS curious on when the main DJ would come out so that great to know thank you.

With your experiences with the high end clubs and I stick with Hakk and Night Swim at XS, when I try and get bottle service is there any tips/tricks I should know going in.. I realize there isnt much to negotiate.

Thx Again.

13. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

theres plenty of negations belive it or not its a game of chicken, every host will qoute u a differnt price and it can vary by as much as a grand also as closer to the event nit nite if tables are unsold u have a better barging postions so its a game of chicken

also u want to get the best table, so get a floor plan or table map sent to u so u know where ur table is dont take there word they will rip you off is somebody offers u more as there are more tables at hall that u cant see the dj from or even be in the same room.

have ur friend call another host there to get a differnt quote, u can email host under differnt email address to to get difernt quotes ,but it will vary , one time i was quote 3500-2500 just deping who i spoke to for the excat same thing

rember location location

im not sure night swim at xs is a big deal yet its new its there version of drais yatch club, so u might not need a table or to spend the money there just go in and have fun sundays are locals and industry nites here

i think the one place u need a table is hakkasan without one that place suxs

14. talontamer

talontamer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alright, great advice thank you! I heard that ladies like night swim at XS because you dont need a table to find a place to sit, so its a bit more attractive for them if they are not getting a table. But I will have my buddy contact another host, I could see them messing around on prices and table locations.
    If anyone else has any other recommendations feel free to let me know!

I'll let you know what they get back to me with. (eg, $$$, locations)

15. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    about the swim as i said its new so it might not be crowded and all locals and industry so what u can do is pay to get in and if u find u realy want a table or cabbna u can negotiate once your in there u will have more barging power as those cabanas are all ready going dead just a hint, there are host inside u can do a deal with its real easy im yet to see those sold out unless its a holiday.

most people just hang with there drinks and wounder its just how its done.u will be fine

16. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any places to sit...like on the pool walls at Drais Yacht Club?

17. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want a night swim check out eclipse.

18. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the pics...wow. Mixed drink $15 at Haze--$20 at Drais? Get you drink on before you show up!!

19. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is funny but last year I was eating at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon and we were sitting at the corner in the back at the bar. After a couple of minutes, another couple sat down. My wife starts talking to the woman sitting next to her. I guess that they had both been in Gucci or one of those other high end stores looking at purses at the same time. Well I start talking to the guy about various things and we have a nice conversation. At the end, he mentions that he is performing at Hakkasan tomorrow and asked if he would like to see the show. We passed. We had other commitments with friends. At the end, after they left, the waiter mentions that we were talking to Tiesto. I nod my head but I'm like who the F is Tiesto. Now I know who he is. Forgot to look him up but never forgot the name.

20. talontamer

talontamer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check this out parallax; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz5KU5Y0aFM, after skipping through it check out the the 43min mark. Tiesto performing his talents at the '04 Athens games. They have removed the commentary so you just here the music he was playing for intro ceremonies. Id say that pinnacles his career right there. lol

Btw Paperposter, the XS host I've been connecting with is insisting that a pre date VIP table needs to be reserved due to their capacity issues. My buddy is waiting to hear back from another host. I think I will prolong it for another week to see what we find out. I suppose just booking it might appease us so we dont have to think about where/when/what/$$ anymore. I just don't like finding out I got shafted by some deceitful host. - it's a pet peeve.

TT

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.