1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about Aria room types

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by ND80, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in a bit of dilemma and I need some suggestions. I have a 3 day comp offer from Delano for October 25-27th and because of the airline costs, it's going to be cheaper for us to stay an extra night. The Delano wants a little over $300 to stay the one extra night and as much as I hate switching hotels for 1 night, my other half has always wanted to try Aria so I figured this one night would be the time to try it out and make her happy. We have only stayed at Bellagio and Mandalay Bay on our previous trips, so I'm not very familiar with the different room types. We can get the basic resort room for $150 for the 28th or the Tower or Corner Suite for $225.00. Other than the obvious small difference in sq. footage between the Tower and Corner suites, it's really hard to see what is different between the two.

Are either of these 2 rooms worth the extra $75 for the night over the basic room and what really is different between the two? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The corner suite is an actual suite (albeit small). It has a separate living room from the bedroom. It also has a nicer bathroom than the standard room. Only other big difference I can think of is that the corner suite is a long walk from the elevators. There is a good chance that the standard room is less of a walk

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As someone who was a Mandalay/Bellagio regular until my last trip, when I stayed at Aria the first time, I say go for the hotel switch and make your wife happy! I've been doing research on the Aria rooms -- Corner Suite is a nice, large space with the funky post through part of the room. The Tower Suite is roughly the same size as the basic Aria Suite, but without the powder room, and at far less cost.

4. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you both for the information. Definitely helps

5. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally I'd skip the Aria...didn't give us the warm and fussies, check out my post in trip reports

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A Tower Suite or Corner Suite are both worth $75 extra for one night, and $225 is a good price - for that date, the rate for the regular room is actually a little high.

I'd go for the Corner Suite first - when you check in, ask for the type without the support beam in the living room.

Aside from the difference in square feet, if you get that layout of Corner Suite, the bedroom has two glass walls. She'll be very happy (especially if it ends up being on the Strip facing side).

7. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thank you. I had no idea about the support beam. Good to know. Looking forward to trying out Aria even if it is just for one night. If nothing else just for the beds I hear so much about.

8. 2tweetz

2tweetz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we have stayed at the Aria in the standard room with a strip view a few times now. Granted it was free, but nicer than most standard rooms.. 550 sq feet, good sized bathroom... nice bed, all modern, power everything ... I think the rate you are quoted is really high... I get tons of offers for $79 a night and I think if you can get that rate, I'd take that.. but yes, if your reg room is $150 and upgrade is $225, I'd do the upgrade based on those amounts.

9. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wasn't blown away by my "deluxe room" I thought it was about the same as every other "nice" room in Vegas. but I imagine the suites are very nice, and I wish I had the opportunity to upgrade. and the property is fantastic. But, remember it does add up though, so now for 1 night it's $225, plus tax, plus $28 resort fee, that's almost $300... is it really worth switching? Also yea do a little research and see if you can do better price-wise. Check your Mlife account and smartervegas.com. They have been running some great deals at Aria lately.

Also, youtube is your friend! There are tons of videos of the suites :)

10. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those prices are from MLife. The rates seem to be higher then because it's close to Halloween. It's the standard 25% discount I assume they give Gold members. Personally I didn't want to switch but my wife really wants to try Aria even if it's just for one night. Guess I have to keep her happy.

11. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the Corner Suite at Aria. There was not a support beam in our room, but ours was a connecting so that may have something to do with it. Bedroom has an awesome set up, and the bathroom is amazing (very relaxing!). Lots of storage with large closet and 2 dressers.

12. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed about the bathroom at the corner suite being very relaxing...other than that..meh!

13. talontamer

talontamer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed 4 nights in the Aria 2months after it opened.. and unless the mattresses have warped... Ive NEVER found a nicer bed to lay on. The GF and I have considered finding a way to order the mattress and have it shipped up to Alberta. (yes you can buy the mattresses right out of their menu)!
    People have often complained of the "long walk to the strip" from the rooms.. I found it to be a minute to a minute and a half.. so Im not sure what the fuss is about unless they are mistakingly complaining while actually staying in the Vdara.
    Ive stayed at 9 other hotels and if I didnt have a lust for trying near all the hotels in vegas, I'd simply just keep going back to Aria. Just my two cents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.