1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Getting a 4th reward

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Irishdiva66, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irishdiva66

Irishdiva66 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you redeem 4 rewards if you purchase chips?

Thanks

2. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made a purchase and I'm allow to redeem 5 buy it is different. I had a friend purchase and he did not get to redeem 4. So it is a HIT or miss now.

In the Beginning they allow you to redeem a 4th or 5th if you purchased chips but that was in 2013.

I would call and ask and see what MYVEGAS says.

3. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even if you call them, they won't give you any definitive answer. Apparently it's based on some top secret formula. I have 6 available to me, but if I had to do over again, I would not have spent the money, especially since the type and amount of rewards have dropped. You'd be better off just purchasing whatever extra reward you want.

4. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would agree 100% I would not purchase Chips for rewards. I have trouble spending the LP I have on rewards each time I go.

MY VEGAS is fun to burn time and pretty cool to get free comps but Not worth spending real money for Chips. I will have to say that I have gotten more in REWARDS than what I spend for the Chips so I'm in the positive.

5. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read somewhere the it was spending $50 that seemed to trigger the 4th reward. My wife recently bought 2 chip $30 chip packages on different days, and was bumped to 4 immediately after the 2nd purchase. And she also started getting some e-mails with 5000 chip links in them that I had been getting for a while (I purchased chips a couple of years ago).

I think that it could be worth it to purchase chips to get the extra reward. At least for my wife and I, both of us have 4 rewards purchased and none of them are worth less than $50. And apparently they don't drop you down from the 4 reward limit once you've reached that, so if you go multiple times you could definitely come out ahead.

6. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suppose it could be worth it depending on what your interests are and that's really what's important-whether it's worth it to you or not. Regarding your last sentence, they definitely have dropped extra rewards in the past. Not sure if they still do that, but it has happened.

7. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would not buy chips to try to get a 4th reward, for the most part.

I did buy a $39 package a couple years ago...they were starting to jack up the "cost" of rewards & I was saving for 2 Zumanity tickets. I realized that if I bucked up & paid the $39, I would have enough to get them. I figured $39 for 2 Cirque tickets was a bargain. It was a good move as they raised the price of the 2 tickets by 30K within a week of my purchase--I would have not made it in time for our trip.

I bought $9 more some time later in an attempt to trigger that 4th reward. No go. I tried $9 again this spring & VOILA--4th reward. I have heard $50 is the thresh hold, and I did spend $56 total. NOW this does NOT guarantee it will work for you, but it did work for me.

DH has never bought any; couldn't justify spending $50 unless we had enough to get a big ticket item already.

8. thekillers

thekillers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I called up to ask I was told that only the resort/restaurant rewards count towards the 3, but that the Monorail and SugarFactory ones do not. Sure enough I used 2 Mirage Buffet comps and an Aria Buffet comp for my 3 rewards, then I got the popcorn reward from SugarFactory, the buy 1lbs candy get another 1lbs free from Sugar Factory, then a Monorail pass. So technically I used 6 comps.
    Unless you are like me and have a sweet tooth, I would recommend against using you comps there, for me it's worth it because I always spent money there anyway. But if you aren't a candy person save your coins for room comps and meals.

9. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Irishdiva meant MGM rewards, but you are correct when it comes to non-MGM rewards. They do not count against your limit of 3 and you can add on as many of those as you wish (based on the terms of the reward.)

This question pops up, but, as was said, MyVegas keeps this a secrect. I personally have no doubt there is a dollar amount you have to spend before they will give your at least 1 more additonaly MGM reward, but I doubt I will try to spend money on chips just to see what it is or use a 4th reward. Of course, no sooner than everyone starts reporting tha it takes $X to get the reward, they will bump that amount up.

10. Irishdiva66

Irishdiva66 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for the information, I don't think I will spend any money buying chips
    I used 3 rewards for comped nights and think I will use the free margarita pizza from Wolfgang puck

I am correct in thinking that and sugar factory are exempt from the 3 reward limit

11. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have also heard that $50 in chip purchases is the 4th reward threshold. But that's just from reading stuff on here and elsewhere.

12. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, as well as the monorail

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.