1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Celine , Celine , Celine !!!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by motownbob, Jul 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motownbob

motownbob High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Love reading trip reports , so hear's mine !

We normally do LV in January and November . Since we have a new grandchild coming later this year , we decided to forgo the nov. trip for one in July . We did two nights at the Plaza , and five at Paris .
    Flew out of Flint instead of Detroit Metro , heard good things about the airport , and it 's the same distance from where I live . The price was also less out of Flint , but only one non-stop each way with great flight times . We drew a a-58 and 59 in the Southwest lottery , but scored a second row seat, YEAH!
    Arrived in LV , anxious to get off the plane , however , there was a lady in a wheelchair and her attendant blocking the exit hall . Body checked them out of the way , [kidding , but the thought did cross my mind .
    On to Budget for a Hyundai Sonata , $130.00 for the week prepaid . Nice to check out them there foreign cars , which are banned from the Detroit area .
    Get to the Plaza , overworked deskclerk sets me up in a room . We get up there and no COFFEEMAKER !!!
    Don't they know who I am , a hopeless caffeine junkie ? Anyways , we are supposed to be in a mini suite since they match Diamond cards with their matching level . Back down, wait in line , got the right room . Here is a view of the Freemont Street madness from said room

2014 07 05_LAS VEGAS 2014_0261.jpg

2014 07 04_LAS VEGAS 2014_0277.jpg

This is our second trip to the Plaza , and the rooms are nice , but the gambling was not this trip . Slots and VP were just not being nice .
    We did eat at the MSS buffet and Magnolias with the LVA 2fers , both are favorites . The wife is not a fan of the crazy Freemont street scene , I rather enjoy the weirdness of it all !

Well, onto Paris, our home for several years . We secured a room on the strip with a view of the fountains .

2014 07 05_LAS VEGAS 2014_0268.jpg

Kinda strange this trip, clouds and rain in the area , but we only got a few drops here . There was flooding out west and north of the city . Not use to clouds in LV

2014 07 06_LAS VEGAS 2014_0257.jpg

Saw the Ceasars fireworks on the fourth . We saw them from the sidestreet just north of the Paris , hardly any people there and a good enough view .
    Also did the High Roller with comp tickets from the Diamond free show deal . The High Roller is cool, I was really impressed with the engineering that went into constructing this gigantic wheel .

2014 07 06_LAS VEGAS 2014_0260.jpg

here is a view of the pods

2014 07 07_LAS VEGAS 2014_0229.jpg
    Can't see anyone going on it more than once , you get similar views from the Eiffel Tower , or Strat

2014 07 07_LAS VEGAS 2014_0235.jpg

We had tickets to Celine Dion for Saturday Night . I dreaded going there on a Saturday concert night it is just too congested . So we hit up the Mirage buffet and then valet at Ceasars to see the show . Get there early about six to avoid the worst of the traffic . Gamble for a while . A couple comes up to us about 7 and says I see your tickets did you know the show was cancelled ? WTF ??? Yep , it was , seems she had a bad sinus infection or vaginal discharge or something . So we hauled ass to the valet and got caught in a massive cluster
    f@#k trying to exit . It took us forty minutes to get back to Paris . I admit it , I'm not good in traffic jams , but the Ceasar setup up at that exit point is a real mess. People exiting entering , and crossing over all in the same place . Talked to a host at Paris and they did provide $150.00 in freeplay as a consolation prize .
    We ate real cheap this trip . We had the free 24 hour buffet for two from the CET credit card deal , two buffets each from MY Vegas , and other LVA 2 fers . Ate at Mon Ami , for the first time , Love It!
    And for you fellow degenerate gamblers some fun hits that we had :

Whales of Cash all five for the bonus
    2014 07 07_LAS VEGAS 2014_0248.jpg

From Ballys

2014 07 07_LAS VEGAS 2014_0250.jpg

At Planet Ho a machine I never saw before Johnny be good or something , bonused for $185.00

2014 07 08_LAS VEGAS 2014_0220.jpg

Also at Planet Ho

2014 07 08_LAS VEGAS 2014_0224.jpg

Nothing huge , but fun hits . Did get this one at Ballys , which was a keeper for $810.00

2014 07 07_LAS VEGAS 2014_0243.jpg

My favorite slot was this one even though I didn't win on it . Like the theme...

2014 07 08_LAS VEGAS 2014_0226.jpg

All in all , we had a fun trip and came home with a good chunk of our funds . What more can you ask for ! Bob

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great time but sorry about missing Celine. Thanks for posting!!

3. Sage V

Sage V Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even though you missed Celine, hopefully your heart will go on.......

Thanks for sharing.. Downtown is always good for the people watching...

4. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gee...I tried to see Celine once and the same thing happened!
    She must get sick a lot.

I am heading for the Plaza in the fall too. So you say my CET Diamond card gets me a mini suite at the Plaza??
    I never knew that.
    Thanks for the report Bob!

5. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From what I've heard, Celine's voice is a Ferrari. So fine-tuned that a little tension or dryness or discharge can mess up a show for a lot of people. Sucks, though.

6. Oxygenator

Oxygenator Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plazas mini suites are all in the south tower. These are the ones with a wet bar with seating, etc. They are still fooling everyone saying the mini suites are in the north tower. Shady.

7. gvlgal

gvlgal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have tickets for Celine on Fri 8/15. That's my primary reason for going to Vegas the week I am going. I sure hope she doesn't cancel. She's not contracted past August.

8. motownbob

motownbob High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Plaza will match your Diamond card with a similar level card . That level card automatically gets you a mini suite . Bob

9. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice trip report. Sorry about Celine - I'd love to see her. Thanks for posting.

10. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry Celine was cancelled but I cracked up when I read your speculation as to why, too funny! Thanks for posting!

11. tracim

tracim Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    me too .... sounds like something my hubs would say lol

12. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were in Vegas the same time but saw Celine June 28th. It was a great show and she does have a tremendous voice. She looks so thin and frail but man can she sing. We did get a peak at the fireworks but were more into the gambling so hurried back.

The 3 P trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
    The 3 P Trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.