1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Solo at Aria 8/23-25. What is there to do?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by VDMTom, Jul 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like I'll be taking a short solo vacation to LV and staying at Aria again in Aug after a break since March.. this time I wanted no expectations from my host so I just paid for the room out of pocket.

Free flight and cheap room, only gotta bring some gambling funds and I'll be set..

What's fun to do around Aria by myself from Saturday to Monday? I have always went to LV with friends and after my March trip, I decided to do this trip solo.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on what you like to do. Lots of good food at Aria (JS, Bar Masa, testsu, Jean Georges, Sirio, Javiers, 550), there is a club (Haze), a cirque (Zarkana), very good pool, awesome spa, and you're very close to Cosmo (clubs and pool) and PHo (shopping, dining and gambling). What kind of fun are you looking for?

I Need Spa
  3. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably some bars and relax by the pool.. something different than my norm.

4. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a recent solo trip where I was at Aria. Couple of highlights: sitting at the bar at Five50 for a leisurely lunch. Great service and really great quality. Especially if something fun is on TV -- too bad that weekend is just short of college football season. Also dug the pool, which can be very low key in the mornings and allow you to stake out a good reading space and prime people watching spot. Also really enjoyed the bar at Jean Georges Steakhouse.

Never can go wrong walking down to Cosmo and people watching at the Vesper. Bar at Jaleo is also a terrific spot. Down strip, I always dig eating solo at L'Atelier Robuchon or the bar at StripSteak. The other way, I love breakfast at Bouchon. So many good things to do when you're by yourself.

5. deadeyefive

deadeyefive Big Daddy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pool at Aria is awesome and some really good sites there!! I second walking over to the Cosmo as well.

6. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Lift Bar, right near the guest elevators, always seems to have a competent and enjoyable band playing at night, and not so loud that they annoy the guests. Seems like a good way to "do something" besides gambling, without making a big to-do about it.

And the hot tubs in the pool area are pretty awesome, the one I used is shaded in the AM.

I also plan on doing the walking art tour of City Center this trip. Here is a link to their brochure...(if the link works...)

http://www2.citycenter.com/luxury_las_vegas_condos/files/CityCenterFineArtsBrochure.pdf

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eat, drink, smoke, gamble, and fuck?

Ride the tram if you really wanna go nuts?

8. Okie21

Okie21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would definitely recommend the spa. I had only been to a spa once before and didn't really like it, but it was awesome at Aria. So relaxing, and a great way to get rehydrated from the prior night's festivities. They had really good cucumber infused water.

I would also suggest hitting Julian Serrano for the lunch special or full menu. Delicious, great decor, and a good bar at which to eat.

Some other close by options are the Pub at Monte Carlo, Chandelier Bar (Verbena Cocktail on level 1.5!) and Bond party pit at Cosmo, Hyde at Bellagio on their off-club times, Petrossian, and Olives also at Bellagio, to name a few.

9. Negg

Negg Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can watch them tear down the Harmon tower.

10. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria is a great place to stay solo as there is a lot there. The pools are really great, and Lift Bar and even the Lobby Bar is nice to have a drink at. Javier's is a great restaurant as well. Todd English PUB is also just right there in Crystals.

11. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys. Sounds like I'll be doing everything I have walked by before lol!

12. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Todd English PUB has a daily happy hour and some of the bartenders there will pretty much try to get you drunk with "samples" of beers in addition to anything you actually purchase. I forgot the name of our bartender, but she gave me over a pint worth of samples and only charged us for 2 of the 3 beers we actually bought. Obviously she got a great tip from us...
    She also said she usually doesn't charge people for the "7 second challenge" beer even if they don't make it within 7 seconds.
    This is the only way it's reasonable to drink there, but I would say it's worth checking out

13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In all due respect, I had to open this post to see what this was all about. Solo, with somebody... there is so much to do. And, since you have been there 7 times...well..keep doing what you have done. But, as a solo, you are only thinking about YOU. Cool stuff.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.