1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tour de France betting

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by exds, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since the tour just started I was wondering if you could place bets in Vegas. With Cavendish out picking a winner in sprinters stages should be more up in the air, or can you only bet on an overall winner. Haven't been to Vegas in July for years so don't remember.

2. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LVH will have it. Wont be on the board but just check the papers on the wall. Froome and contador are the only two with realistic shots and their odds are short.

3. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nibali wins stage 2 and takes the yellow jersey for now, but a 33% grade climb is nuts. Froome still looks good but alot of time and miles to go.

As a side note, I rode up Tantalus today with a friend which is a popular ride here at 4.78 miles and about 6% average grade. We meta guy vacationing here from Vancouver and says he stays here for a month and brings his bike and rides up Tantalus every time he comes. He said one trip he went up 23 times during his stay.

Paris.....Las Vegas.....here we come! (Hopefully soon)

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, Cavendish out, Froome down pretty hard today, Schleck perhaps done for good, Sagan 0-3 v. Kittel, Brits a tad wet behind the ears on GTF out of the way ... hell of a start to the Tour.

5. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Froome out of the tour, fell again today and is done. Nibali and Contador big favs to win now. Rest 12-1 or higher, nibali woukd have been a great bet a few daus ago. I still think there is a lot of value in the pack.

6. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always bet on any French rider to win on 14 July, which is like the 4th of July in the USA, so French riders are always up for that one!

7. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With both Cavendish and Froome out of the tour, probably the best sprinter and all around rider, this race is turned upside down. I'd like to see who has the legs in the mountain stages as a good or bad day there can make a big difference in time.

You can't have two leaders on one team, but one wonders if Bradley Wiggens could have started the race just as a 'backup'. I like the way Richie Porte handles the climbs but he is not the leader that Wiggens is.

8. Sander

Sander Tourist

Cav WAS THE best sprinter

9. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree, Kittel has shown that he's the best sprinter, or at least the sprinter with the best train to drop him off in the right position..
    Greipel most disappointing so far, and I really expected Modolo to compete but he had the flu and had to stop.

10. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    French rider takes yellow. Good call.

11. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The mountains shook up the standings and sprinters are out of the picture.

12. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How heartbreaking for Jack Bauer to break away from the peloton for almost the whole stage 15 only to be caught at the finish. What an effort.

Only goes to show that you can lead a whole race only to have something happen and be caught at the end or not finish. That being said, Nibali is the favorite for winning this years tour, but I wonder what the odds are for the current second or third place to take the win?

13. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a cool career hat trick if he doesn't crack, crash or go all Landis.

14. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nibali is lije a 1-20 favorite. The next closest is like 20-1

15. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks chonglosaxon. Not to wish any bad luck, but it would pretty much have to take a major crash to knock Nibali out of the yellow. I would also pick Tony Martin to take the time trail and Nibali to place in the top 3 or 5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.