1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Luxor

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sadiecat, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadiecat

sadiecat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a trip planned for next April. Yeah I know and enternity. Anyway I booked A Pyramid Suite at the Luxor and I am now wondering if I made the right choice. I am looking for any input. Thanks.

2. Chairman Meow

Chairman Meow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wife and I stayed in the Pyramid (not a suite) for 5 nights - this was a couple of years ago. We spent very little time in the room to be honest but found the experience fine. Not amazing, but it was fine.. only annoying thing was it seems like the smell of fried food never really left the air as soon as we stepped out of the door into the Pyramid itself. For the money I figured it was a reasonable place to stay but I was pretty pleased when we jumped ship to the Aria for the second week.

..plus I kept banging my head on the glass when going to look out the window.

3. tphudge

tphudge Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in a Pyramid Suite and liked it just fine. Even though the rooms in the pyramid are a bit older, there isn't anything wrong with them and they have a little more character than your run of the mill room at other properties.

4. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, the rooms in the Pyramid are showing some age. They could use a refresh. But you do get to ride an inclinator!!), which is really cool. My favorite part of the Luxor rooms is that the showers have a bit shorter top edge to the door, with a wide base on the top area ... perfect for putting down a beer on while you shower up.

5. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in a Tower Deluxe room last month and loved it. My brothers friends once stayed in a Pyramid room and I wasn't impressed, but it wasn't a suite.

6. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    tower is much better, wouldnt stay in a pyramid room to old and dirty

8. pac1971

pac1971 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed in the Tower last time and enjoyed it..didn't notice any difference from the regular MGM Grand room I stayed in a couple of years ago. One tip though..get yourself a mini travel wifi router if you want to surf the web on your phone or tablet. No room wifi..only plug in internet.

9. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Pyramid rooms have had a refresh but I find they still are miles behind a tower room. I have stayed in a Pyramid suite and it's ok, the rooms are large; as another poster has said you do have to watch when looking out the window or you will bang your head! My mom is 5ft nothing and ran into the window it was quite comical at the time. The pyramid suite is two rooms, no doors separating them and there is a fridge under the TV in the sitting area. The bathroom in the Pyramid suite is a shower with single sink, you do have a tub near the window in the sleeping area but it is just a tub, not a jetted tub. The tower luxury suites are two separate rooms with a door closing to the bedroom; there is a fridge and coffee maker in the sitting area. The bathroom has a double sink, tub (not jetted) and separate shower. We always stay in the Tower luxury suite as it's our room of choice when in Vegas.

I think it all comes down to what you want in a room. :)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.