1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

4 shows too much in 12 days?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by pink_paradise, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pink_paradise

pink_paradise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be returning to Vegas in June 2015 for two weeks staying at MGM. We will be doing an overnight stay at the Grand Canyon, leaving us about 12 full days/nights on the Strip. We are thinking of seeing Celine, KA, Absinthe and (possibly?) David Copperfield while we are there. Do you think this is too many shows?

Also, not a lot is mentioned about Copperfield on here. Reviews go back and forth online, what are your thoughts on the show?

Last trip we did two shows (O and Jubilee!) in 9 nights and felt it was fine, but wondering if 4 is pushing it...

2. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For some people, 4 shows in 2 days isn't too much. (it would be for me) I don't love to plan too much in advance but 12 days is a long time in Vegas (for me). I certainly could handle a show every couple of days. But since I like to change my mind depending on my mood for the day, I'm not sure I'd love being locked into a certain show on a certain day because I bought tickets in advance....

3. Jake&Avery

Jake&Avery Planning my next vacation!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to me!! We'll be there only 4 nights and we're planning on seeing Absinthe (again!!) and KA' (for the first time)....

4. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not at all. It depends on your tastes. Some people see a show every day. Others may only see one for an entire trip.

5. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always go to see around 8 or 9 shows during a 14 night beeak. If you go to Tix4 Tonite or look for cheap deals via coupons etc. it can work out a far more economical way to spend an evening or afternoon compared to sitting at slots and firing in twenties like there is tomorrow as we might well do as an alternative!

6. eviliciouz

eviliciouz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That will be too many for me. However, do not miss on Absinthe! The best show in Vegas!

7. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4/12 is not enough for me I usually do 7/7 and sometimes 8/7

8. pink_paradise

pink_paradise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks everyone! Seems like we won't be overdoing it then.
    Any thoughts on Copperfield?

9. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually follow the 1/2 rule. 1 show every 2 days in Vegas. That way the dark/off nights can be spent doing anything else on a whim or going out, or just relaxing and taking it slow.

I'd say you are A-OK if you space them out.

10. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not too many for me; I saw four shows on my last trip of 7 nights. I saw Copperfield and wouldn 't see him again, it was ok. Having seen Siegfrid and Roy several times back in the day though, few would measure up to that standard. I hated Ka, which we now call Ka Ka, but again it all comes to personal taste as I've read rave reviews. I've sworn off Cirque shows now having seen Mystere, O, Ka Ka and Zumanity. Mystere and Zumanity were ok. I literally fell asleep at both Ka Ka and O, so I guess we just aren't Cirque people. How about throwing in a fun show like Carrot Top?

11. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think 4/12 would be great, and would also suggest CT or another comedy show. I saw Copperfield a few years ago, and was lucky enough to catch a big silver ball, which got me on stage, and he made us disappear!! So, for me, that was a very memorable experience. It was on my bucket list. I would see him again, as it would be fun to watch the "trick" from the other side.

12. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely not too many. I've done 6 shows in 4 days before by mixing in afternoon shows and ultra late night comedy shows. I typically plan at least 1 show per day on my trips.

Two weeks ago on my 4 day trip we saw Penn & Teller, LOVE, and went to the Laugh Factory.

13. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on how you roll but 4 is not too many for me. I've done 4 in two days.

14. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually two shows a night is a good minimum. I am going around Labor Day for 4 nights and I've been planning the days like a general over a battle plan:

Saturday: 5 pm showing of Jersey Boys, followed by dinner, then a 9:30 pm show TBD, followed by a ride on The High Roller.

Sunday: Michael Jackson One at 4: 30 pm, then to Celine Dion at 7:30, and completed by The Beatles' Love at 9:30 pm.

Monday: Remembering Red at 2 pm, Tournament of Kings at 6 pm, then another show TBD at 9:30 or 10 pm.

Tuesday: 1st show TBD at 7:30, then possibly Sydney After Dark at 9:30.

15. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we were young, I thought nothing of two shows a night.

Now with Groupons, Travel Zoo, LVA, MyVegas, Meets, AMC, livingSocial, I found our 8-9 days we usually spend in Vegas were too crowded with a place to be all the time..

So last trip I planned on only two shows for 9 days. It came to the eighth day and my wife looked at me and said, " what are we doing tonight?"

We went to tix4tonite and went to Jersey Boys - The seat were ok, but not as great as if we had made reservations. The show was wonderful.

I guess I'm saying you can over plan, or you can leave latitude - it's your own decision, but a show every 2-3 days isn't anywhere overdoing it.

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  16. Bushman1

Bushman1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll be there for 10 days and have plans for 3 shows. I could go to a show every night but the wife doesn't like to be locked in to anything. I understand; if we're having a good time off Strip, we don't want to feel obligated to come back at a certain time.

So far we're going to Love, Zarkana, and Aerosmith/Slash at MGM Grand. LOVE it when I can see a big time rock band in Vegas. Perfect timing for us to be there!

Bushman

17. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be traveling solo, so easier to do things. And everythinhg I have planned for, I've already purchased the ticket to, and at the best discount price I could find. I am quite happy with what I have come up with:

1. Front row, center seat for Jersey Boys.
    2. Decided on my second show for that first night...Zombie Burlesque. front row, center seat,
    3. Michael Jackson One, aisle seat, half a dozen rows from the stage.
    4. Celine Dion...went to the least expensive ticket on this because they were so high...last row in the balcony area.
    5. The Beatles Love, first row, aisle seat right by the stage and one of the ramps they perform on.
    6. Remembering Red...chose a $16 GroupOn general admission ticket (don't think you need to get close to see an imitator...there are only two things to really sit up by the stage, normally: 1. a real star and 2. breasts. ; )
    7. Tournament of Kings...avoided this for so long...but had MyVegas points. Not sure where I will get seated.
    8. Sydney After Dark...first row after the tables section.

Sitting up close really isn't a snobbish thing to me. It's just that I've seen some shows from way back in an upper balcony and that really ruins enjoying the theater experience of a person performing for you. And so many times, when I go to a local theater show here in L.A. of a traveling Broadway production, subscribers have all the center section seats for the whole orchestra!!!!

Being by myself when I am in Vegas, I don't splurge at expensive restaurants or go all-in at a roulette table (though I have blown more than I wanted to on slots), but I do like to see shows from near the stage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.