1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas to Phoenix to watch NFL info required

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by VegasBoundSept 2014, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasBoundSept 2014

VegasBoundSept 2014 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi All,

3 males from Australia

We are off to Vegas from the 7th of September and i see that the Arizona Cardinals are playing at home on the Monday night 9th. We are in our late 30s and love a beer and a gamble.

We would like to know a couple of things if thats ok as we have never been to a NFL game before but would love to go see the Cardinals play.

1. Whats the best airline or site to book a return flight from Vegas to Phoenix. Are they quoted in USD
    2. How far from the airport is the stadium?
    3. Whats a decent seat and whats the best way to buy tix, do we buy before we travel or can you just turn up?
    4. Any other tips for us to do on that day near the stadium before the game as i believe its on at 10.20pm?We want to spend a day in phoenix....What can we do?
    5. How long does the game go for?.
    6. Any other info for a newbie would be much appreciated

Thankyou in advance

2. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Southwest.com, USD You can search all the airlines at kayak.com
    2. 20 miles (32 KM)
    3. Most NFL games are sold out, best to buy now. Especially Monday Night Games. Decent seats are between the 30 yard lines imo. Best seats are in front of a big screen at your favorite Vegas Sports Book
    4. Not from there, don't know
    5. 3.5 hours

No reason to go home yet.
  3. Crambone

Crambone Gnaeus Pompey Magnus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in Phoenix so here goes:

1. Whats the best airline or site to book a return flight from Vegas to Phoenix. Are they quoted in USD
    No clue, I never fly.

3. Whats a decent seat and whats the best way to buy tix, do we buy before we travel or can you just turn up?
    It's a relatively new stadium so any seat is decent. Check this fan site out. Don't get your hopes up. It's the Season Opener on MNF after all. I'm sure scalpers will offer over-inflated tix the night of.

4. Any other tips for us to do on that day near the stadium before the game as i believe its on at 10.20pm?We want to spend a day in phoenix....What can we do?
    Kickoff is 7pm local time. There's the Westgate Mall right there with shops and sports bars and such. We have a lot of golf courses.

5. How long does the game go for?.
    3 hours or so.

6. Any other info for a newbie would be much appreciated
    If you don't make the trip to Phx then join us at the Main Street Station 777 Restaurant for Monday Night Football.

4. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    since there are 3 of you, assuming you want to sit together and since it is the regular seasonr home- opener, I would get tickets in advance from a site such as stubhub or the NFL ticket exchange

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Things to do in Greater Phoenix:

1. Draw straws and see which unlucky bastard has to be the DD. Go directly to Four Peaks Brewery in Tempe.
    2. Get in early and play golf at We-Ko-Pa, either course.
    3. Go over to Sun City West. You no longer will be amazed as to why America has lost it's edge in the world.
    4. Get in extra extra early and play both courses at We-Ko-Pa.
    5. Is school in session? Go to ASU. Gawk at one of the best assemblages of co-ed talent in America.
    6. If We-Ko-Pa is sold out, play golf at Troon North, Pinnacle Course.
    7. Get in early and go straight to Pizzeria Bianco and wait for the doors to open, eat sublime pie.
    8. What's that? Troon Pinnacle is booked? No worries, play Grayhawk, Talon Course.
    9. Make the poor bloke drive you to Cave Creek, pre-game at the Buffalo Chip.
    10. Well, shoot, Grayhawk is busy? No worries, it's the Valley of the Sun, go to Carefree, play Boulders South.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you really want to see an NFL game, also check out games for that Sunday in Calif, Denver, etc. Southwest.com will probably have some non stop flights you can look at. Tickets to most NFL games are a challenge to get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.