1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Dinner Buffet?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Gutzy, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I started playing this a few weeks ago. We are going to Vegas in September. I'm wondering which 2 for 1 dinner we should get with our rewards. Mirage Buffet, Monte Carlo Buffet, Mandalay Bay Buffet, Nine Fine Irishmen, MGM Buffet, Rodizio, Aria Buffet, Wolfgang Puck. Depending how much more I earn between now and then we may have enough for more than 1. What is your vote????

2. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mirage Mandy and MC in that order...

3. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks jrinct1. So you wouldn't recommend Rodizio but the buffets instead? Curious to hear reviews of Rodizio.

4. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure about Rodizio but Aria is better than the other buffets you listed.

5. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since I haven't to Aria, I cant comment. I did Yolies and rumjungle years back and loved it. I believe that they are both closed.. Cannot comment to the others in that realm as I haven't been...Only commented on those that were mentioned....

6. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria buffet is among the best, that I know for sure.

I think the Mirage buffet is good but the Rodizio place is horrible. We ate there and everything was really dry and not especially flavorful. We went once and will certainly never go back there, we would encourage others to avoid it as well.

7. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used the reward for Mandalay's (beer/wine/champ included) and Aria's (not included) evening buffets. Both were really good. I'd actually choose Mandalay's because its cheaper LPs and it comes with booze, but that's just me.

I'd recommend MGM's champagne brunch if you like free mimosas...food is average. I'd stay away from Monte Carlo's buffet.

8. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of the ones you listed, we've had Nine Fine Irismen, Mirage, and Aria. Miraga was our favorite and it included beer/wine but you have to fetch it yourself.

9. dede021

dede021 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to the Mirage and Aria buffets last Oct, I preferred the one at Mirage.

10. macwjp

macwjp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mrs and I did Mirage dinner buffet in February and we really enjoyed it. Food and selection was fantastic, desserts were great and beer/wine included. Haven't tried any of the others you listed though.

11. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does the Mirage have hot crab legs? Do they have other hot seafood?

12. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another plus one for Mirage buffet. They have all you can drink beer and wine.

13. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, I didn't know Mandalay Bay did the free wine and beer too. See, that's a fine example of why I stick around here! That's awesome.

To clarify, I am staunchly pro free booze of all kinds. Always have been. Always will be.

14. bcc

bcc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are considering the Mirage buffet, try to get the most recent reports. There have been a lot of changes recently.

We last went to the Mirage dinner buffet in July 2014. It was awful. For one thing, you have to get your own drinks now. There is a wide and interesting selection of drink choices, but they are located far, far across the room (you have to carry it/them back to your table yourself). Same for the free beer and wine. It's waa...aay over there, and you tip the bartender. The food was not up to our previous visits, especially not the seafood (shrimp, salmon, fish & chips). The lady carving the salmon and roast beef was extremely stingy, and another guest sneezed on my plate. I had to start all over again.

We have been to the Mirage buffet many, many times, all meals, and the most recent experience was terrible. It was on MYVegas, but if I had paid for it, I would be kinda mad.

- bcc

15. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had the Mirage buffet this summer. I cannot remember if they had crab legs, if they did they didn't impress me, I'm a leg man so I would have remembered good ones. I do remember some nice already-peeled boiled shrimp and I enjoyed them. We liked the buffet (free from myVegas).

16. lisaloveslv

lisaloveslv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wine & beer at MB is not free, it's $12.99 per person.

17. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

Having to get your own drinks is actually a pro for me- I like it better that way- I can get what I want, when I want. Having to tip the bartender is a con however- I only got 1 glass of wine when I did a lunch there and I didn't have singles and was not giving more than that for pouring a single glass of wine to a very dead "bar" at 3:30pm, so I didn't tip but I felt awkward at that point- otherwise I am a fan of getting my drinks myself!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.