1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

June 27 - July 4, MSS, Mirage, and a Royal Flush

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Ty, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

June 27 – July 4
    The plan, 3 nights Downtown at Main Street Station, 1 night at Mirage (MyVegas), 3 nights at Bally’s.
    Reality, 3 nights DT at MSS, 1 night at Mirage, 3 more nights at MSS. We liked the feel of being Downtown and ended up abandoning our comped nights at Bally’s to return to MSS.

We flew out of Atlanta and the flight was delayed almost an hour, no biggie. We purchased Economy Comfort seats for the flight to Vegas so we had plenty of leg room. Not sure why, but all the movies and TV shows were free so time passed pretty quick.

Picked up our rental car at Budget, no problems and didn’t take long.

Gambling: Most of our gambling was 9/6 Jacks or Better Video Poker at MSS playing 25 or 50 cents. Coin-in was slightly over $28k over the course of 5 days. On Thursday Kim hit a Royal Flush (50 cents w/5 coins in). At first she thought the machine had malfunctioned, the display was flashing “Call Attendant”, she nudged me and said, “This thing’s broken.” I pointed out the RF, a dealt RF. She got very excited and felt like a celebrity for the next 15 minutes. The host came out, took pictures, and give Kim one of those big fake checks. With the RF we won $1925 on VP, otherwise we would have been down $75.

We played a little Craps (-100), Roulette (-40), and Misc Slots (-40).

Eats:
    Country Chicken at Dupars in Golden Gate, $9.95, very good, had it twice.
    Shrimp Cocktail at Dupars, $2.99, very good, had several, this one surprised me.
    Steak at 777 at MSS, $14.95, not so good.
    Steak and Shrimp at Silver Nugget, $7.99, pretty good.
    Dinner at Mirage Buffet (MyVegas), very good.
    Lunch at Bellagio Buffet (MyVegas), very good.
    Lunch Buffet at Excalibur (MyVegas), poor.
    Krispy Kreme doughnuts at Excalibur, excellent.
    Various buffets at MSS, good.
    Prime Rib with salad bar and Cherry’s Jubilee, $9.95, California, Excellent.
    Chicken wings plus an order of Garlic Fries at 777 at MSS, $12.95 total, best fries ever! Wings good. We split this for a late lunch one afternoon.

Sightseeing:
    Red Rock Canyon, very interesting and only 30 minutes from LV. If you have a couple of hours this is worth the time. Travel time is roughly 30 minutes each way and we spent about 40 minutes doing the scenic drive loop. Got out of the car once to look down a gorge.

Valley of Fire, a little more interesting than Red Rock, but you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere. Lots of interesting rock formations. You wonder how people ever lived here but some Indians did. The cabins have me scratching my head, built in the 1930’s for travelers. Cars weren’t very reliable back then, not sure how many people would have used the cabins. Neat to see and go in. http://www.valley-of-fire.com/the-cabins/
    Travel time was roughly 1 hour each way, we spent about an hour driving through. Note, this is not a loop, we drove from the west entrance to the east entrance and backtracked. The entrance was not manned, they had a pay box where you put $10 in an envelope. No maps were provided. Many of the sights are visible from the car but some require walking and you don’t know how far you have to walk. If you go, do a little research first, I wish I had. I would liked to have seen the petrified logs but didn’t know how far the walk would be and it was a hot day.

Beatles LOVE (MyVegas), excellent. But, I had a drunk lady sitting beside me which was slightly annoying. The usher offered to let us stay for the next show but my bottom couldn’t take another 90 minutes of sitting.

Fremont Street Experience, very fun. I haven’t been since all these folks started showing up in costumes. Plus the music and shows are great.

Flight home was on time and uneventful.
    I’m ready to go back!

2. macwjp

macwjp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report. Red Rock is definitely worth it. We went in February and being from a relatively flat area the mountains, gorges and formations were fabulous.

3. sunny123

sunny123 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the nice report and congratulations on the Royal!

4. bigblue1

bigblue1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice trip report

5. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A dealt Royal Flush? Lucky, lucky Wife!! Thanks for the trip report. Looks like you had a great trip!

6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice hit! And good, concise report!

She really thought the IGT jackpot music was a tune the machine played when it's broken? :evillaugh

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  7. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the dealt Royal.....now that's the kind of savvy play that would make Rotal Flusher proud!

8. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was our first experience with the IGT jackpot music. Hoping to hear more of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.