1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

tipping question

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Robertintx, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robertintx

Robertintx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This may be the wrong spot but i'll ask it anyway and they can move it if it's not correct !
    When you first check in with your bags etc. do you tip they guy who takes your bags ?
    If so how much ?
    Thanks

2. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I usually give them a $5 or $10 spot. I only have one or two bags with me though

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're talking about outside and them taking the luggage from the car, then yea a five spot. Then I also tip when they deliver the luggage to the room. Also, usually $5 for two to three bags. One suitcase, then $2 is fine.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd say bare minimum is $1 per bag on each end. 2 bags I tip 2 or 3 to the bell man in the lobby and then another 2 or 3 to the guy that brings it to the room. I also kind of scale it to the place I'm staying. I tip higher if I'm at the Cosmo as opposed to the Monte Carlo.

5. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you mean at the airport or the hotel?

6. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're talking about the people at curbside check-in at the airport then yes. These people aren't contracted by the airlines, so I'd rather not piss them off by not tipping. Keep in mind that they have control of where your bags are sent to, so I tend to tip these people more than the hotel employees.

If you're talking about the bellmen at the hotels then yes. I generally tip $2-3 for each bag, but I rarely take advantage of this service.

7. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hotel bellmen: $2 per bag when I pick them up.
    Curbside baggage check: $2 or $3 for 1, $5 for 2.
    Regular airline check-in counter? ZERO, since they charge me already to check a bag.

8. RockyBalboa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol that is exactly why I pick and choose my spots when to use curbside at the airports when I am checking luggage. And if I do use them I will definitely tip because I don't want my bag to end up in Moscow when I am going to Philadelphia.

9. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $5 or $10...Depending on baggage...Tip often and well..Never know when it may come back and kiss you right in your ass pal..notice I said kiss ;p).

10. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No kidding. I've only used curbside check-in two times. Once was because the systems were down earlier in the day at EWR and check-in lines (including the Priority/First Class lines) were ridiculously long inside the airport. The second time was because I had more than nine luggage boxes I had to bring with me. Never a good idea to use this unless you have zero status and the check-in lines are long or you have a TON of checked bags. These people tend to make a lot of money during the winter months when people are flying to the ski resorts and have a lot of stuff with them.

11. RockyBalboa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Leaving PHL one winter day in 2012 a snowstorm had pretty much stopped all eastern seaboard flights and the airport was a nightmare (even more so than normal in Philly). The priority FC and normal lines inside were a mess. I peeked outside and there was about ten people using the curbside. No one wanted to mess with it because it was about 17 degrees.

Walked outside and handed the dude a $20 and my two bags and was up to security in seconds.That is the one time I ever used it at PHL.

I never use it at IAH because they have so many counters available inside.

12. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Until Smisek decides to let go of a lot of agents to decrease expenses while making things more automated. :wink2:

13. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $1 per bag to the curbside people and airport and hotel. $5 or $10 at the room, depending on my mood. Do the math.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.