1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas This game has turned into a chip sucker!!! BOO!!

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by samanthaelizabeth, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samanthaelizabeth

samanthaelizabeth Low-Roller

2. shirlen

shirlen Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah got hurt tonight on the chip count still working toward my rewards in december though

3. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed that starting yesterday that I am not seeming to get the same return as before and as a result my meager chip supply has been depleted. Time to start collecting chips and only play once or twice a week I guess.

-Max

4. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As someone who played from the "good ol days" I have noticed that they've done all they can to make this game suck, both literally and figuratively. I don't seem to hit the big chip amount on the wheel nearly as often, nor can I play any of the games for any period of time while staying afloat. The last time I played the game, other than to collect the strip and wheel amounts, I was playing during one of the bonus periods, and I couldn't even finish the mission with over $2m in chips. I've been slowly rebuilding since then, but it isn't fun at all when you can't hit anything good

5. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always find it amusing that as soon as people go through a bad streak they'll post about how the game sucks, or they've made changes to grab all your chips! I thought I'd weigh in on the other side. I have always had very low chip counts where I basically played till I was busted. However, a few quests ago I had some great runs where I got up over a million. Since then I've been exceptionally fortunate and have maintained between 2 and 4 million chips while playing all the quests and double LP events. Lately I've also gotten lucky on my daily spins and hit 15k 4 times in about the last 10 days. So I am not convinced that they've tightened up the game or made adjustments to the wheel or done anything to make the game experience worse (and why would they??). Now, I'm also pretty sure that my recent run of luck will change and I'll exhaust my chip supply, but when it happens I'll chalk it up to bad luck - not some nefarious plot by mLife or Play Studios!

6. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My advice: avoid the new games.

Stick with the old games (Excalibur 1, Lucky Birds, Around the World in 80 Days, etc.)

The new games almost certainly have a much higher hold than the older ones that were developed in the "good ol days."

7. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe this is just a monumental cold streak, but I have never experienced a cold streak like this in this game ever before. I have never had multiple days of just losing chips.

If I see the luck rebound I will chalk it up to a real long cold streak,but if it continues I will have to assume that they tightened up the slots. They make changes all the time and do not tell the users how or why, so it is jot a real stretch to think that they adjust the games over time.

-Max

8. samanthaelizabeth

Good Advice! That "BetRock" game is really, really bad at taking the chips without even a bonus round. But I will gladly keep spinning and accumulate my LP's!!

9. QIKFIX

QIKFIX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its a perfect game to have in the background at work for that reason.

No need to check the screen every 5 mins

Q

10. Armadillo Al

Armadillo Al Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is exactly how I feel about real slot machines. At least with MyVegas, it's free!

11. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Second that!

12. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You really think it's coincidental? I've played this game enough to notice a difference in game returns. By their own admission, they tweaked returns on some of the games a while back, because some of the earliest and heaviest players were basically able to play an unlimited amount (I believe on lucky birds). I would put real money on them changing the hold % on lucky birds since I first started playing.
    So, with their own admission to changing various player advantages over time, and the fact that the value of the rewards themselves have declined since the early months, are you sure you want to argue that people are just whining? How about we chalk up your recent winning to good luck, rather than chalking up your inevitable losing streak to bad luck?

13. TXTriper

TXTriper Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll side with bit of a cold streak. I played Sunday, spending 211,800XP on Bet the Farm, and ended up 112,200 coins. Today, I used 600,000XP, and I'm down 190,000 coins. It'll swing again.

Still, I am at 115,000 LP since I started in April. Wish I wasn't so untrusting of Facebook games, and that I hadn't "wasted" 5 months playing only the mobile game on my iPad before April (Think 80k of those LP came from FB)

14. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've played this game since it came out and it has had its fair share of roller coasters. I play mostly blackjack now and play 2 hands at 20K a piece. That seems to do the trick most of the time.....get over 1m and switch to 30K/spin and excalibur

15. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am still getting killed with lucky birds. I switched to BetRock and I have been able to stay about even through the day. Maybe they tweaked Lucky Birds again?

-Max

16. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their goal is to get you to buy chips. Why wouldn't they "tighten" things up. It's always possible i'm on a "losing" streak but most days i'm going broke if I play for any length of time. I've noticed a difference from when I started playing but I guess without any scientific proof we'll all just have to guess.

At the end of the day, it's free and they'll give you some pretty cool things just for playing. It's either worth the time and effort to you or it's not.

17. samanthaelizabeth

How much are you betting on BetrRock? That game kills me almost every time!

18. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am only betting 1200 a spin.I don;t have very large reserve of chips.

I did OK for a while but am now down to the level of chips where I need to stop playing again.

-Max

19. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reel Chef is the only game I play and do pretty well on it

20. rvallez6

rvallez6 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just don't get why i get 2000 chips every single bonus wheel spin... it'd be nice if they at least switched it up and gave me a nice bonus one of these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.