1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

mlife host negotiating

Discussion in 'Comps' started by jpw711, Jun 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know I have read about this subject before, but can't come up with the correct search terms so here goes.

Called up MGM to see if I had any offers, since the mlife site generally sucks. They offered to comp 3 nights, and i asked about some FP. They declined.

So I booked an Aria offer for 3 nights, $225 FP, two free show tickets, and a resort credit.

Now that I'm two weeks out, I don't really know that I want to stay at Aria.

So I am wondering if I should send a host at MGM an email asking if they can match the offer. Last time I was there, I hit for 20K on a slot, so that might help.

Anybody have any experience doing this?

No reason to go home yet.
  2. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Where you prefer to stay is a personal choice, as everyone has different tastes. For me, if given the exact same offer, I would choose Aria over MGM.

As far as asking a host to match or compete with an offer...it never hurts to ask. Although, I do commend you for trying to do some research prior to just asking for stuff. Your 20k hit may mean squat to the host if your normal playing level is not what they like to see for a given comp level. Give us some details on your usual play, and I am sure some of the more knowledgable members with regards to comp values will chime in with accurate expectations.

3. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Typically put 80K tier credits over 2.5 days play, 99% slots.

No reason to go home yet.
  4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure marketing can offer you free play unless you have an existing offer. When I originally called MGM Grand and just spoke to marketing they offered me a suite and $400 resort credit. Later on I called and asked to speak to the host on duty. He offered me a suite, comp food and $300 in free play. After some negotiating, he agreed to comp one night in a terrace suite, $500 in FP, and $500 in food. What have you got to lose. If you don't ask, the answer is always no.

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    becuase you won at mgm wont help might hurt you ,if you lost 20 k it would help you, why you want to down grade from aria to mgm is your choice

6. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I do not play enough slots to know what 80k coin-in translates to, but it seems pretty significant to me for a 2-3 day trip. Look up a host from MGM's website and cold-contact them. I imagine MGM can give you the same or better offer than Aria.

7. Stevie D

Stevie D VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tier Points are bad way to determine your play. A lot depends on Mlife level and machine you are playing. After hitting for 20K did a host not slip you their card? My guy will match any offer, but we have a relationship. If you can remember someone from that big win ask for them and see if they can help you out.

8. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Oops...don't know why I read his response as coin-in...lol. You can call mlife to get your coin-in from your last trip.

9. Stevie D

Stevie D VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yah, with 80K coin in I doubt they'd have a problem matching that offer. LOL

10. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would definitely call and see if they would match the offer for you and wish you better luck than I had. We were looking to stay somewhere closer to where a friend is staying and thought we would check out other MLife resorts to see if they have any offers that we cannot see, or any to be had anywhere as the website has nothing available to us and we've stopped receiving mailers about a year ago.

Current offer showing for the Luxor offer was $350 FP , 250 RC, 3 Free nights/resort credit comped with airport pickup/dropoff.

MGM & Aria - 3 free nights offered w/ RF comped..
    Monte Carlo - transferred to a host and got 3 free nights comped w/ RF comped and a "possibly more based on play" spiel.
    Mandalay Bay - $400 RC, $350 FP, 3 free nights w/ RF comped and Limo pickup/dropoff.

We put in good play at MGM last trip and left up 2K from what we started with, figured with a day's play there it might have made a difference. I'm tending to think until you have stayed and played the specific MGM resort they aren't willing to "chance" much these days. So give them a call see if they will match the offer you have elsewhere, and I really do I wish you better luck than I had today!! We play a little less than you as my card only gets about 120K TC's each trip but they are typically 4-5 days, that is with very little premium machine play.

11. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Actually, thinking back...if he has 80k tc from slot play, wouldn't that mean his coin-in is much much more than 80k?

12. releaseYourself

releaseYourself Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    80k mlife tc is like 24k+ coin in.

80k tc * 1 point / 10 tc * $3 / 1 point = 24k coin in. specialty slots only accrue at $10 / 1 point so the coin-in would be higher if he played any specialty slots (i.e. any newer themed games, or games with wide area progressives).

13. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jim murren was quoted as saying mlife gives out $80 in comps per 1k spent on that story about don johnson. Now i dont know how much truth that really holds.

14. SBTX

SBTX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is is safe to say with mlife that when playing specialty slots/VP that coin-in and tc's are equal?

15. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So long as 100% of your TCS came from VP. You also earn tier credits for buying basically anything at a MGM resort

16. Stevie D

Stevie D VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And you can get up 40% tier credit bonus depending on what level you are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.