1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Signature at MGM in August

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by maxnew40, Jun 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I just booked 4 nights at the Signature at MGM for August for our anniversary. We booked a balcony suite (my wife really wanted a jetted tub).

I think this will be Vegas trip 11 or 12 for us and we like to stay at different properties and we have never stayed at the Signature or the MGM. From what I read they have pools at the Signature and you can also walk over and use the big pool complex at MGM (I remember going to the theme park in the back of the MGM on my first or second trip to Vegas).

I know that this place is a little secluded and it is a bit of walk to the MGM or the strip but we wanted to be a little secluded on this trip. We plan on relaxing and having some good times and some good meals. My wife wants to do Hugo's Cellar for dinner on our anniversary (I suggested that we have a great dinner every night we are there).

On this trip we want to see Love, Raiding the Rock Vault, Nocturne at Rose Rabbit Lie.

If anyone has any info on the Signature, like the best route to the strip and so on, please let me know.

-Max

2. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm contemplating a few nights at the Signature, too.

I believe the walk isn't that bad, but the MGM compound is large, so there's going to be a fair amount of walking to be done.Other than going South strip or maybe across the way to Cosmo/MC, etc. getting on the monorail might be better to travel north with since you'll be right there at MGM.

3. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at the Signature in October 2012. Loved it. I was in Tower 3, which at first was a long walk but then I realized if you walk outside you can take Harmon right up to the PH area to the strip. Only about a 10-12 minute walk that way. I also used the Monorail a lot (And the MGM food court which just got new stuff like a chicken finger place that is delicious). If you're in tower 1, I'd say walk through MGM to the strip, if you're in Tower 3, take Harmon. If you're in 2, maybe alternate? haha I'm sure if you call ahead you could request which tower you wanted.

4. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well you're probably closer to the Monorail at The Signature than if you stayed in the actual MGM.

If you don't care about the agonizing heat at that time of year, I always take a backdoor route to the Strip when staying at The Signature.

Once you exit the actual Signature exit / entrance (meaning through the two sets of automatic doors where all of the escalators end), you just take the escalators / stairs immediately in front of you down and take a sharp left. Exit those doors right there and there's a street (don't know the name of it) that lines the MGM Garden Arena and is a direct shot to the Strip. The Monte Carlo would be directly in front of you there.

You chose a good property. Enjoy.

5. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also loved the Signature. Just like a mini condo! So awesome, and not that bad of a price either. I got a deal on livingsocialdeals.com.

6. BiGP

BiGP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Raiding the Rock Valut is an excellent show! The musicans, over-all sound quality, and set list is amazing!!! Hence the title of the show, they perform hits from the 60's through the 80's, but at a excellent quality as if they original artist was performing them.

7. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To get to the strip, either exit tower 3 and walk out the Harmon ave pedestrian gate, and up 2 blocks to Planet Hollywood, walk back to MGM to the monorail, or continue on thru MGM to the strip/tropicana ave area.

Call it about a 10-12 min brisk walk from tower 3 to nyny thru MGM, less if in tower 1 or 2. About a 5-7 min walk from tower 3 to pho via Harmon ave.

Also and easy/cheap cab ride further north on the strip if you don't want to monorail.

8. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to run to get to NYNY from Tower 3 in 10 minutes. It's a 15 minute walk to get the Strip from your room at the Signature. It's ok for a few days but got tiresome for us after 3 days. It's a beautiful place just not the Vegas experience we were looking for.

We plan to see Nocturne, too. It sounds "interesting".

9. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have been to Vegas so many times in the past that we felt that having a quieter more relaxed place to stay would be nice. We will probably spend a good portion of our days at the mellow Signature pools and then go out at night. We just don't feel the need to walk the strip much anymore. The Linq is the only new thing we need to go see this trip.

-Max

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.