1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Worries and stress before travel...

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Backagain1, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What worries you before heading out? I am in constant worry and stress so I find a lot of issues, am I taking enough cash? Will things at home be okay? The pets? Kids?

I am okay once I am out but it is the before leaving that I am a mess.

2. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I worry that I am going to forget something. I worry about the long 23 hour drive. I worry that I will spend too much money. I am a worrier by nature so I worry about everything and it does not change a thing.

3. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought I was in this alone, thanks for sharing.

4. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm always worrying about did I turn this or that. off. Did I lock everything up? Are the pets going to be ok?
    I used to worry about forgetting to pack something, but then I realized I can always get anything I need ( for a price of course).
    I run thru all that during the flight. Once I land. I figure it's too late now, and then I can forget about for a few days. Then of course when it comes time to return, I wonder what I may have left in them room!

5. sura83

sura83 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't worry about anything. Things at home will be fine, we have no pets, and the kids can take care of themselves. I am not, by nature, a worrier so that probably explains it.

6. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I relate!:wave:

7. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I worry about catching a cold, the flu, or some other kind of nasty bug before I go to Vegas.
    Then, on my way home, I turn the last corner and it's always nice to see the house isn't burned down.

Those are the 2 things that worry me the most!

8. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard that at least 85% of everything we worry about doesn't happen. Therefore, we only need to worry a bit more about the remaining 15% and nothing bad will happen! :)

9. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depending on what's going on, I can put myself in a tizzy before leaving the house. I'm OK once we're in the car though. And then it comes back at the airport on the way home if we're talking about Vegas or the drive home otherwise. It's not as bad if I feel prepared. I was more anxious last trip because my brother and his wife hijacked half my trip and I still don't want to talk about it. I do worry a bit about the cats because Max has asthma and Jack is a moron who caused himself an $800 vet bill last year with his nonsense.

10. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I worry that the hookers will stop hitting on me.

11. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha. Great responses. I wipe everything down with a solution of alcohol and water. I take a small container with me and wipe down the airplane area where I sit. When I get to my destination I buy alcohol at a local store and begin the wipe down. Did I say OCD?
    I wish I was carefree, heck I wish anyone would hit on me! The joys of aging.

12. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently did the background check for TSA Pre Check. That has always been the single most stressful thing for me.
    I can't stand those people barking orders at me. And taking my shoes off and walking on that nasty carpet wigs me out!
    So no more!!! Shoes and Belt stay on, Electronics and Liquids stay in the bag. And it's a much Shorter Line!
    To further minimize stress...
    I turn the Main Water to my House off so no worries of a Washer Hose or Pipe bursting. I also turn the Water Heater off.

13. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Whether the flight will be delayed
    2. Whether I get an acceptable room or not
    3. Whether the tables will be cooperative or not

No one likes flight delays but they're even worse on the way to Vegas.

I know all rooms in V/P and the Mirage are nice...but I hate getting assigned a room that is not cleaned and ready to go, getting neighbored up with some loud people, or anything that causes me to have to trek back downstairs to get switched to a different room.

Everyone wants to walk away a winner when gambling! But we all know that doesn't happen. I budget my losses into the "entertainment" ledger but nothing sucks more than getting zero entertainment for the dollars spent. Walking in the door and getting my ass kicked on everything I bet on sucks. Starting a trip out in a hole is shitty. So I always get nervous that I will start out on a icy craps table or run into that lucky blackjack dealer who is nailing 19s and 20s to my 14s/busto and 16s/busto.

My SB weekend trip went poorly in the gaming department and it pissed me off enough to cancel my March Madness trip.

14. RockyBalboa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am glad you mentioned this. It's reminded me that I need to get the Pre-Check thing started too (I also want to get the global entry done as well).

I loathe the TSA. Actually loathe may be too nice of a word. So bypassing those dopes is something I will enjoy.

15. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I leave in a few days, I do not have time for the TSA precheck. Wish I did.

16. Kickin

Kickin Flea

If you're getting Global Entry you don't need to get TSA Precheck separately. You get it with your Global Entry.

I share your loathing of TSA. As an agency it's so incompetent, reactionary, and focused on theatrics. That what comes with creating a massive agency overnight.

I've wondered whether to apply for Global Entry. I used to travel overseas regularly and may have to start again soon. But I don't think I'll get approved and going through the interview will be a waste of time. I already get SSSS'd pretty regularly on flights so I must be pegged as a suspicious fellow by some TSA genius.

17. RockyBalboa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need to find the time to go do the Global Entry stuff. I just looked it up and it seems that I have to go to the airport here in Houston to have it done. I travel internationally just enough to reap the benefits of bypassing those customs lines. Nothing worse than getting off a 6+hr flight and then getting to stand in line for an hour.

Unless you are deemed ineligible from their list of crimes then the interview process should clear up any TSA nonsense. I've never been SSSS'd but I always decline the x-ray machine and force them to do the pat-down's. I also bitch about how they make you leave your belongings on the belt while they get some lazy ass over to do the pat-down. Once they tried to have me stand in an area where I could not see my stuff at the end of the conveyor and I pitched a fit...people steal stuff all the time off those belts and my laptop sitting out in the open is ripe for the picking.

18. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You just blew my mind, doood. +1

19. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really only worry about flight issues. (delays, cancellations.....)

20. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup.

I just had this problem and postponing our trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.