1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bob Dancer's 6/24 column

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by westie, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. fossefritz

fossefritz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks westie

3. Fafa2e

Fafa2e High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting article, but dangerous thinking for the casual gambler. I believe that Bob Dancer is an advantage player and searches for VP pay tables greater than 100%, card counts at BJ, and looks for other ways to swing the house edge in his favor.

For the majority of gamblers, including myself, it is not realistic to believe that losing streaks will turn around. I believe that the casual gambler playing games where the house has the advantage needs to have a budget and set loss limits because believing that you can't keep losing and it will turn around could be costly.

My Longest Trip Ever
  4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you hit the nail right on the head.

Because that Westie just goes around posting links to a bunch of sites on forums like this a lot of people read Bob Dancer's articles and take them like he is writing for the typical video poker player looking for an edge... but he is not: Bob Dancer is an advantage player and all of his articles are written for fellow advantage players, not the causal players (or even the power players who play nothing but VP when in Las Vegas) who make up pretty much every VP player on forums like this - I've been here for years and I would say that to my knowledge there is not a single true advantage VP player on this forum.
    (And that is not a dig at this website, just that advantage players don't hang out in places like this and everybody here, no matter how much VP they play when in Las Vegas, would be classified as a casual player)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.