1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fogo de chao??

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by eber91, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eber91

eber91 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hey you guys i was reccomended to this place by a co-worker who fell in love with it. I want to hear your guys opinion, is it really that great? is it worth it? what should i expect?

2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been in Vegas, but I've gone in DC, Miami, and here in NYC. It's fantastic -- they basically just keep bringing you delicious grilled meat. I don't even eat beef, and still enjoy it a ton. But that being said, they have locations all over the country, and I'd argue that there are more worthwhile places to eat in Vegas, especially since it's a bit off the Strip.

3. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GO to Texas DE Brazil its a better concept and better meat , trust me go to there website and check it out

4. eber91

eber91 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    im from ontario,ca and the nearest on to me is either beverly hills ( about an hr away) or san diego (about 2 hours away), you do have a point that theres better places to eat in vegas, but i do want to try it out.

5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally fair. Like I said, I don't eat beef, and still have had a great time whenever I've been; they have this awesome parmesan-crusted pork loin, and the sausages are great, too. My more carnivorous friends love it as well.

6. eber91

eber91 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    whhats the difference between these to places? lol sell me this reastaurant.

7. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have only been to the Minneapolis location. We have always enjoyed ourselves and the food is pretty wonderful if you are a fan of meat. They do also have a decent salad bar that has a bunch of other items. My sister in law comes with and just does the salad bar since she is a vegetarian. I am sure there are better places to dine in Vegas, but I think we are going to check out the Vegas Fogo next trip. I would definitely recommend trying it once.

8. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to the one in Scottsdale a few times. The food is great! go hungry! a bit pricey but excellent food and service is top tier

9. TwiceTheJava

TwiceTheJava Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I consider my first visit to Fogo de Chao as one of the top 5 meals of my life.

If you go around lunchtime, they serve the same exact food, but it's $25 instead of $50.

Highly recommend.

10. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Fogo de Chao and Texas de Brazil are carnivore heaven. I personally like Texas de Brazil better because I prefer their salad bar. Oddly enough, I'd say the meats are a bit better at Fogo de Chao. I know it sounds crazy that my preference is for the salad bar, but between all those salty meats I need to refresh my palette and the selection and taste is better at Texas de Brazil. Both are far better than Pampas and Samba on the strip. No comparison, really.

11. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you live near a Fogo de Chao, I would suggest you save it for another time, since as said above, there are other things unique to Vegas that you should try. I've been to the Beverly Hills location and I personally think you can get a better value elsewhere in Vegas since it's pretty pricey, but it is definitely worth a try.

That said, Fogo de Chao is all-you-can-eat, and they have many different types and cuts of meat, like Filet Mignon, Ribeye, Lamb Chops, etc. There's also a self-serve salad bar/buffet as well. The way you're served is: there's several waiters carrying hunks of meat on a skewer roaming around the tables, and if you request it, they'll give you a few slices. Rinse and repeat until you're full.

12. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love it, go to the Dallas location often

13. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to the DC and Baltimore locations. Also have been to Texas De Brazil in Fair Oaks, VA and Chima in Tyson's Corner, VA.

I don't know why folks call Fogo (and of course, places like it) expensive when in comparison to what you get at Craftsteak, Flemings, Mortons, and Ruth's Chris, you get so much more.

Churrascarias have a bigger selection on meat, sides, and it's all-you-an-eat. At Chima, for instance, I get unlimited filet mignon and swordfish.

The décor is nice as well.

Out of the 3 I mentioned, I rate Texas De Brazil 3rd, Chima 1, and Fogo 2nd. The one semi-knock on Fogo is the salad bar selection but then again, you don't go to a churrascaria for salad. If you do, you wasted your money. That's meat money not leaf money.

14. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been to Texas de Brazil yet, but of the four places in Vegas that I know of with Rodizio (or, as I call it, All You Can Meat), I rank them (1) Fogo de Chao, (2) Via Brasil (out near Red Rock), (3) Samba (inside Mirage), and (4) Pampas (at Miracle Mile Shops).

For what you get, I wouldn't call it expensive, at least in terms of other Vegas restaurants.

15. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just be ready to drink tons of water after your meal and the next day!

16. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chima is great! Its very secluded and hidden but love those small apps they bring you at the bar and lounge area when ordering a drink.

I was actually looking at the restaurant pad site for lease right across the street from Chima a few years back.

17. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, I rate Chima #1 easily. My wife gets a dinner for 25 years at her job and we plan to go back to Chima. I suggested taking the new subway route out there when it opens near the end of July.

It was a little weird seeing that it was in an office park versus prominently near Tyson Corner Mall.

18. Kupkakez

Kupkakez Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a Fogo here in Texas and we always enjoy it. Delicious and well worth every penny.

19. OK Pabst

OK Pabst Grinder

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to Fog in Minneapolis. They have a pretty good salad bar. Where is the Texas DE Brazil in Vegas? Thanks

20. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guaranteed meat coma from eating there.

I've been once despite living fairly close to one. I felt like I was going to birth a calf after we left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.