1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thinking of doing a live trip report

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by mwig, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you think there is an appetite for a truly frugal report? I'm talking excessive coupon use, no tilt, no debauchery etc. Lots and lots of VP mixed in with a little poker. Hopefully some royals along the way. We will be there for 13 nights but my version of Vegas is very different than almost everything I have read.

2. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course! every trip report is welcome, expecially with your version of the Vegas experience! :beer:

3. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What draws me to this board like a Moth to a flame is the spectrum of styles fellow members "do" Vegas. You have folks like Natedog in a Wynn Villa and folks like Buddah, Dewey, Sco, Westie using coupons, looking out for deals, and occasionally riding the bus. A live report is a lot of work, but it serves as sort of a diary as Nate commented. I like the tapatalk photos posted by Timspeed, so photos are a plus.

I won't spend a dollar to save a dime, but I like living well frugally. For me that means an occasional McD's breakfast (a dollar burrito or two and coffee starts me up), but I also like having Bagels and Lox at Mon Ami Gabi as a treat (although they forgot capers). I could afford Joel Rubichon, but would feel like a turd in a punch bowl, so I am more comfortable at Ellis Island or the Steakhouse at Circus Circus.

4. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love to see the different ways people approach the Vegas experience. My brothers and I are 'value gamblers'; we'll use the good coupons, play where there are good odds, and remember the bartenders who are worthy of our tips. As a video poker player I love to read the stories of the slot players or the people who play games like Pai Gow and nothing else. And the next best thing to being there is reading about it here!

5. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love to read all reports but especially enjoy the daily updates or quick posts of events as they happen. Looking forward to your posts....have a great trip!!

6. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do a trip report. It's fun to read how the big ballers do Vegas, but good info from a low roller is always worth seeking out. Coupon runs, 100%+ VP and sardine bus rides are fun too :drunk:

7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The live trip reports are nice as there is less chance of forgetting about stuff.
    The down side is the post could be poorly documented with poor grammar if done while too intoxicated.
    I tend to include pictures and video. As a result, I have to do post trip reports to get all that stuff organized.

8. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bring it on...the more varied trip reports the better IMO. If you look when you are on here there are a lot more people visiting than logged in. Not everyone is a Cosmo, Wynn person. I know my TRs are boring but I assume somewhere out there is someone like me...who stays in a middle of the road hotel and doesn't do fine dining. I write one pretty much every trip to keep the category varied. We are all different.

9. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoy EVERY trip report!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.