1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games ny ny is advertising 5 $ bj

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by paperposter, Jun 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i was just there signs up i assume is all 6/5 put hey dont shoot the messenger:cry::cry:

2. dtm615

dtm615 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there this weekend, it is 6/5. 6/5 is even on the felt

3. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who doesn't love a $5 bj

4. Rumdranker

Rumdranker Grateful Lurker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was one table when I stopped by one busy night in April. Table full a few people waiting

5. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They've been advertising $5 BJ 24/7 for well over a year at NYNY.

Unfortunately, it's crappy 6/5. And the tables are ALWAYS full.

There's lots of idiots in the world.

6. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsup: :woot:

7. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think calling people who are on vacation, and enjoy blackjack that is affordable, while enjoying complementary cocktails an "Idiot" is a little harsh, don't you?

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    look at it like this there possible drinking for free so if there having fun then who cares.

i just posted it as im tired of people asking here where can i play low level table games without searching.

its only 5$ and its ny ny i guess they go hand in hand

9. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not at all harsh. They're part of the problem.

If they can't afford $10 blackjack, they should go downtown. Plenty of $5 3:2 BJ there.

10. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed fella, it's only $5, and at the $5 level you don't have much choice, but hey, it's free booze!!!

Paperposter, I'm headed down there for 3 weeks on Wednesday, we should hook up for a beer or drink!

11. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. I get so tired of reading people insulting others for the way they choose to spend their own money.

12. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    why do people have to travel downtown to play $5 blackjack? Alot of people prefer not to leave the immediate resort they're staying at. They want to play blackjack for $5 and the 6:5 game is what's there? I guess that's what they're playing.

13. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    buy the time you spend the bus fare to go downtown and time the 6/5 at 5$ evens out , i agree who needs to schlep downtown and carry a red plastic cup

14. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They don't have to. I never said or implied they have to. Hence the "should" in my post.

Yes, it's their money. They can do with it what they want. They choose to blow it on the sucker's version of blackjack. That's idiotic. Not harsh.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  15. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I disagree that folks are idiotic for playing a version of a table game that's still better odds than a handful of other table games, especially at a bare bones minimum

16. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play $10 6:5 BJ because I like to play BJ and my bankroll isn't high enough to play higher tables with better rules. I also have no desire to go DT or offstrip to find better tables in the $5-10 range. So are you calling me an idiot? If so you can suck on my sweaty nut sack.

17. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a dickhead post. I go to Vegas once a year with one of my best friends that I only see on the Vegas trips. He has 5 kids and will only play at a $5 table because he can't afford more. So he is an idiot for doing that? No, he is smart for not playing more than he can lose. I would normally play at a $25 table but would prefer to play with my friend that I only see once a year...so I guess I am an idiot too. The last trip with him we sat down at a $5 table and I stayed there for 12 hours betting anywhere from $25-200 ended up winning around $1k. The difference between 6:5 or 3:2, I don't know what it would have been but would not have changed my life.

18. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You better watch what you say, he may just take you up on that offer. :stir: :wink2:

19. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think it's right to call someone an idiot for making their own choice of game play.:grrr: Everyone has their reasons for their particular choice/level of games. I use to play bj exclusively but my wife would come to the table and say "I wish you could have seen this slot I was playing." As we are both getting older and not as healthy as we used to be I have lowered the amount of time I spend at tables in lieu of more time with her at slots. So if I want to play 6:5 bj at a table I will because it fills my parameters. So I must be an idiot because I want to spend more time with my wife on vacation--NOT!!!:Þ Before calling someone an idiot (unless they are just rude, drunk off their a__ or obnoxious), may I recommend walk a mile in their shoes!

20. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you count, is there even a point to finding the 3:2 table? Its like VP where it won't matter if its full pay if you're not getting the draws. Enjoy the drinks and donate the buy in. Maybe my thinking is idiotic lol

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.