1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fine dining lure

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Backagain1, Jun 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you explain the fine dining lure while on vacation (Vegas).
    Is it something you do often or something only while on vacation.
    My child tells me he enjoys it because of the quality of service and selection but we have always been middle of the road.
    I am wondering if I should plan on eating at a nice restaurant while in Vegas.

2. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we vacation in Vegas we like to pamper ourselves and enjoy the finer things in life. For use one of the finer things in life is a real nice meal.

When not on vacation fine dining is reserved for special occasions mostly.

-Max

3. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We tend to pull out the stops when we're in Vegas for high-end restaurants. Something about the ambiance of the whole Vegas experience coupled with enjoying drinks and wine and not having to have one of us be the designated driver...just back to the room after dinner or back to gambling. Sure can't do that at home.

4. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fine dining is one of the reasons we go to Vegas. The experience is well worth the coin.

It's not like Cut or CraftSteak have outposts in our little town. I also doubt Thomas Keller will open up a bakery next to Von's anytime soon. ;)

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For us it's not really "fine" dining as much as it is dining on good food, which could come with linen napkins or a tear of butcher paper.

6. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless the situation dictates it ( meaning a group wants to go high end ) I am middle of the road/kind of a value play person.

7. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I AGREE and goes for home vacation , or just tooling around out of town....

8. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is something special about being taken care of -- pampered, paid attention to, fussed over. There are a lot of fine dining traps in Vegas, but going to really great, high-end places is one of the main reasons I come here. It's so enjoyable. It's part of that Vegas experience -- to make you feel like someone important, special, and worthy of all that attention. We don't always get that on a daily basis. It's fun.

Of course, there are also great places like Lotus of Siam that aren't technically fine dining but give you the same experience. To me, it's all about great service and the gratification it comes with having that.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.