1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Checking in to Flamingo without spouse

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by miniwhale, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am booked for 4 nights GO room comped a Fri-Tues. in November. My husband may not arrive until Sunday morning. I think I booked it also using his TR number. I know it is mentioned in the reservation that he needs to be there when I check in. I know they made him come in from valet at Paris to prove he was there. The last time I stayed at Flamingo, though, he was just there with me as he was previous times, so no need to ask for him. I am arriving with friends on that Friday. Could my friend's husband pretend to be my husband?
    What happens if I get there and that isn't good enough? My husband at the least will be coming Sunday. When I checked under the rate calendar, it does not show me comped for those days. Just wondering if I need to come up with another option-possibly a myvegas comp the first night if it becomes avaliable and try to talk him into coming on Saturday. Thanks for any help!

2. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

Like yourself, we had this happen to us. The name that it is booked under has to show ID at the time of checking in. We did get around this several times by going through our host and stating who will be checking in. Although once the message was diluted in the exchange between people.
    If you do not have a host you might try calling the check in desk ahead of time and see if it will work.

3. Jake&Avery

Jake&Avery Planning my next vacation!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    on my last trip I had originally booked my trip using mine & my DH's TR numbers and had 4 nights comped at Paris - but my DH ended up not being able to go so I brought my sister. At check in they asked for my DH and I explained that he had to stay home and I'd brought my sister - they promptly re-calculated our per night rate! Needless to say, it was no longer comped and we ended up staying next door at Bally's for like $100 for 4 nights...

who knew they were so serious about that rule...

this trip my DH is definitely going and his TR# is on the reservation!!

Good luck!!

4. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as I know he will have to be there with his TR Card & ID for you to get your rate if you used his number as a companion rate. It is clearly stated when making the reservation, and on your confirmation. Why would you think he wouldn't have to be there ?

5. HotDamn

HotDamn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Out of all the times I've booked CET properties (Caesars, PH, Harrahs, Ballys, Paris) with companion they've never asked to see her card or ID, but then again she's standing next to me while checking in most of the time.

6. kittyglitter_mm

kittyglitter_mm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always book the rooms in my name but they still ask to see my husband ID if he is standing there with me.

7. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't you have to click a red pop up box that says the person has to be there at check-in when you are making the reservation, before they will let you finish the reservation?:poke::peace:

8. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If he's not there at checkin, they will charge you, but reverse it when he shows up with id. Just let them know he's been delayed. They've done that for me and he's checked in the next day with no problem. He's diamond, I'm platinum. I think it's best to be honest than try to have someone pose as your husband.

9. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies! It is still possible he may come in with me on Friday. I am not even sure now if I booked with his number now. But, yes, i would prefer to take the honest route than try the friend and lose the room

10. mare592

mare592 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband, brother and I always book 3 rooms. One each. EACH of us has to be at the registration desk with ID when we check in. I don't think any hotel will let it slide, they haven't for us, even when the boys are in plain view having a beer guarding the luggage while I wait in line. They have to come up in person.

11. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read somewhere in fine print that if you book with your companion but they don't show up, you will be charged a different rate, but if your companion shows up later, they will fix the rates once they arrive.

Edit: From the total rewards website: When two Total Reward cards are used to obtain a better room rate/comp, both Total Reward Members must be present at the time of check in for the rates to be honored. Should only one Total Reward Member arrive, the rates will be re-rated based on the individual's TR account at the time of check-in. Upon the arrival of the secondary Total Rewards Member, the original rates and reservation may be honored.

12. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    correct , but if they show up 2 days late on a comp you might have a problem as there supposed to be gambling to covering the room.

if one shows up at 1 pm and checks in they can charge her rack rate when the main person comes that nite they will reverse the charges i wouldnt know how they would handle it if the main person showed up 2 or 3 days later

13. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am the main person. I am hoping I can talk him into coming with me on Friday, but it may be Saturday or Sunday. I was quoted $91 for the GO room Fri and Sat if he wasn't there with me. Not bad, but Flamingo is more for the convenience of being near the finish for the half marathon. May try a different hotel fri/sat.

14. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think CET and MLife have the same routine and rules for this type of situation. It's my understanding that if it's booked under your husband's name and you show up, they put your name (and need a card with your name) on the reservation...and the rate most likely isn't the same (as others have pointed out).

I have never tried this before until just a few weeks ago when one of my best friends and his wife wanted to visit Vegas and I get really great discounts on MLife Property rooms. I looked into it and, being a complete weasel, we managed to get it done.

I gave him my log in information to the Mlife site and had them choose whatever hotel / room they wanted and they just used his wife's credit card to book the Vdara room under my account. A few days before their trip, I called Vdara/MLife and put her name on the room. I figured if the card used to book the reservation was hers and she checked in, it really wouldn't be an issue (it wasn't) as it's the card used at booking. I told whomever the probably-all-too-oftenly-used lie that my travel plans had changed and I wasn't getting into McCarran until 10 PM while my 'wife' was getting in around 2 PM (of course detailing that she had kept her maiden name, you see).

I sent my MLife Card to them so they could get the express check in and they had zero issues / problems. Got the great rate and maybe they'll make me some ribs and biscuits the next time I see them in Colorado.

The best news out of all of it was that my buddy didn't smash something in the room or tug on a security guards's mustache as he has done in the past, getting my good name shamed in the MLife community. He did leave my Players Card out in the 'Vdara Death Ray' and it melted into a table or something, but that's a non-issue, really.

15. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Room is under my name. I am the primary person. I called and the rate was 91/night if he isn't there, for the first two nights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.