1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Seattle: Seatac light rail question-luggage

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've been to Seattle a couple of times and just used a shuttle to get downtown to our hotel. This trip we were going to try the light rail system from Seatac to downtown, for $2.75, but my wife dug up all these negative reviews that there is no room for large luggage. We each have 30 x 20 inch bags we check. The reviews were anywhere from 2-4 years old. Any experience?

It seems a little stupid to have a light rail system running from the airport and no luggage storage.:confused:

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have luggage/bike storage in cars marked with the bike sign. Dan just keeps his bag with him, but there is storage.

3. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this is what I did, just kept my bag next to me

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But I read if it is a standard large bag, you are blocking the aisle.

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True, but that's assuming anyone uses light rail. ;)

It's usually not a problem. If you have two big rollers, you might block a bit, but you can sit a bit apart and have room.

And there are luggage racks by the bike sign on the cars if you'd rather stow on a rack.

I picked up my niece once and saw a lady take a whole luggage rack (the rental from the airport) onto the train and ride away with it.

6. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't ever seen anyone have an issue getting their luggage on the light rail. In my experience the storage area is usually free. There are also certain sideways seats that have more floor space in front of them. I use a small carry-on and usually just keep it on my lap or in the seat next to me.

Trip #39!
  7. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sat on one of the sideways seats, people could get by if they wanted to. Not many on the train at night so it wasn't really an issue.

8. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

joe, it has never been a problem, either into town or going back to the airport. on the sideways seat, you can put a bigger suitcase, or two, beside you on the seats, or just lie them flat in the bike areas, and other fellow travellers might also be putting their suitcases there, too.

train is never that full that it will be a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.