1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rock of Ages - Worth It?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by snapcat, Jun 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even with discounts, Rock of Ages is still pretty expensive. I was wondering if anyone here has been and could offer some advice on if it is worth it. I've seen and enjoyed the movie. Or should I spend the money on a cirque show I haven't seen?

Thanks!

2. TwiceTheJava

TwiceTheJava Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw it, enjoyed it, and was glad I went! It's similar to the movie, but live. So just decide If seeing the movie live is worth it to you.

3. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thought it was great and would reccomend it for sure.

4. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved the movie tried the show earlier this year it was my first ever "real" play and i loved it

Hilarious, great music, sexy ladies i had a great time and they played Cinderella, poison Motley crue....over the PA before the show

5. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw it on Broadway and it was very good. I prefer shows with a plot so I like it more than Cirque. Although, you need to see a Cirque show in Vegas if you've never seen one.

6. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Super cheesy fun. Every seat in the house is good-small theater. No need to splurge on expensive seats. I don't think you'll regret it.

7. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

We saw it on B'way and loved it even though I didn't think I would.

8. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw it on Broadway almost 5 years ago, it was great. The movie was a huge letdown for me. Go for it and Don't Stop Believing!

9. ref59405

ref59405 Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I caught the show back in March and as much as I didn't want to go, I had a great time and would definitely go again! It was a lot of fun! :thumbsup:

10. Mayoman

Mayoman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great show. Ten times better than the movie.

11. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw the touring show, love it. So much better than the movie.

(understand that is *is* a little cheesy and you're there because you love the 80s music. If you're there for a profound story, you're in the wrong place ;-)

12. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just bought tickets for July 1st based on this thread. I had been thinking for a while but was undecided. I paid $65 for the very front of the rear orchestra. I saw Celine Dion with my wife last trip so now she gets to see this with me:wink2:

13. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much for all of the great posts! I think we're going to go ahead and see this.

14. Redbirdjen44

Redbirdjen44 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw it in the West End a year ago and it was SOOOOmuch better than the movie. Tried to buy the camel toe shirt but they said they're only sold in Vegas. So, looking forward to the show and buying the shirt in August. Hoping tix4tonight has good prices

15. redsoxmom5

redsoxmom5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good choice! You won't regret it.

16. kayden

kayden Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved the movie so much that I am planning on seeing the show. I am hoping that we can score tickets at a good rate.

17. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have it in Toronto twice, and thought it was much much better than the movie, I was looking forward to seeing the movie and didn't like it at all

18. Ratpacker13

Ratpacker13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I am SUPER jaded when it comes to the whole hair metal scene of the 80s (I am more a purist when it comes to rock), never much liked it and so when we went to go see Rock of Ages back in December I wasn't sure what I had commited myself to. Let me tell you, it was fucking awesome! Seriously. I was soooo impressed with the whole thing, the cast, the band (tight as hell) and man was it funny. The narrator kid makes the show in my opinion and is worth his weight in comedy gold. All in all it is just a good time, super cheesy, super funny, great live band, worth every penny if you ask me. Oh and do yourself a favor, skip the movie, does not do it justice in the least! Oh and Tom Cruise sucks. Maverick just ain't cuttin' the mustard these days, where's Iceman (Val Kilmer) when you need 'em?

19. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved the show! Wife and I can't stop singing some of the songs and it's been almost a year.

20. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked it! I've seen the touring, and I saw the Venetian on in December. To me though, it's just not Vegasy. It's kind of a big long broadway show. If you like musicals and you like 80's music you should like it! The seats we found rather uncomfortable though.. a little tight.

Check their facebook they post some great deals sometimes! I think I got mine 50% off for Black Friday or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.