1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mandalay Bay or Monte Carlo

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by SnivesM, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnivesM

SnivesM Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey All--

We are going to Vegas with kids (10, 12) in tow. Not ideal, but it is what it is.
    Trying to decide between two offers (we have multiple scattered across Vegas, but want a good pool with the lazy river)

Monte Carlo - Hotel 32 Loft, $500 resort credit, $400 FreePlay
    Mandalay Bay - 2 bedroom suite comped (X2); no resort credit or Freeplay.

Both of these offers from hosts. Mandalay host sez since I have no established play with them this is the best she could do. She is willing to comp on the back end "based on my play"

Mandalay has the better pool IMHO, but I'm greedy (resentful - yes I know - silly) I guess for wanting the host to match my Monte Carlo offer (which is also valid for Aria, Mirage and Bellagio) with some food or FP.

I like Monte Carlo, but wonder if the room is enough for us (host stated upgrade to 1 or two bedroom Hotel 32 would be $520 / night).
    I have close to a million tier credits with Mlife over three trips.
    We have $2500 in Express Comps.

Where would you stay?

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would stay at Mandalay Bay. Much better pool and better property overall. if the host is offering you a two bedroom suite upfront, then your play is at a level where you're not going to have to worry about your comps on the backend. The only way I would stay at MC is if you already know up front that you're going to low play this trip

I Need Spa
  3. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think MB is the way to go. I stayed in one of those X2 suites on my trip in January. It was a very nice room.

4. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With the 2 kids, I would choose MB with the upfront 2BR suite. As UK mentioned though, if you getting that room comped upfront, I don't see back-end/discretionary COMPs being an issue. But of course, I'm assuming at your level based on your COMPs, you really want the $500RC and FP, which is justifiable. :thumbsup:

5. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we stayed at both MB and MC and i preferred MB hands down, i did not like MC or their staff what so ever.

Excal is a hop, skip & jump away if you want their food court (since pickings are slim for kids at MB) which i found to have some decent fast food options.

6. BiGP

BiGP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandalay Bay all the way! The kids would enjoy the beach, mom and dad could enjoy the bars and tons of restaurants. You gamble(play) a lot, so, I wouldn't for-see you having problems with any addiontional comps.

7. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a great offer for MC/32.. the loft looks nice for a couple but it might be tight with the kids. The penthouses at Hotel32 are nice with the pool table and 5 or 6 tv's.

I'd would go with Mandalay Bay with the kids.
    They will at least see more kids their age.. The place is crawling with them in the summer! They'll love the Shark Reef and the pool.

8. SnivesM

SnivesM Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, that's a unanimous one - Mandalay Bay it is! Thanks all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.