1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Greeting from Houston

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by DeadManHand, Jun 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count de Monet

Count de Monet High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First time posting on this board for me. I have been going to LV for decades, usually 3-4 trips per year. My last trip was Super Bowl weekend, next is June 26-30 for some WSOP action.

Glad to have found this board and hope to enhance trips by others by sharing experiences as others have done for me. Viva Las Vegas!

2. NCISfan

NCISfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to this wonderful board. Viva Las Vegas!

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board DrRobt! Good luck on your next trip and please tell us all about it!

4. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board! I am from Houston, too and will be there June 28-July 5. My husband will be taking on some WSOP action also!

5. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome from the Clear Lake - JSC area!

Enjoy your trip!

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome from a fellow Htowner. How is Super Bowl weekend? I had a couple of offers last year for stuff in Vegas but I've never been during that time.

7. mbarra

mbarra Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome from a couple of fellow Texans! We'll be there also very soon (6/27 - 7/2). We're eyeing one of the "low buy-in" WSOP events. For the experience only. No delusions of grandeur here. Just general delusions.

8. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another Houston resident checking in here...NW Houston for me...

SB Weekend is awesome. I have gone several times and I love it. Yeah it is busy but if you plan it right you can make it work out fairly well.

I like to get it on Thursday or Friday night to get settled in. Most of the prop bets have been researched well in advance but getting in early allows me more time to make sure I am ready to fire on those bets. I use Friday afternoon and early Saturday morning to get the majority of my bets in to avoid the killer lines.

Last SB I got to see the insanity of the LVH book on SB Sunday morning and madness doesn't begin to describe it.

We always go to an off-strip place to watch it ($100 all you can eat and drink plus entry into squares) and then hit the strip afterwards.

I usually hang out until Tuesday to let the crowds dissipate and then I leave.

9. Count de Monet

Count de Monet High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SB weekend is really crazy fun. I have been in Vegas for it the last two and will probably make it an annual event.

Last year was a bit more tame with the lopsided score and a relatively uneventful second half after the second half kickoff.

The year before was really outstanding, when Baltimore took a safety with 8 seconds left all hell broke loose for many bets and parlays. A friend hit a 6 play parley with three things happening on that one play, 1) score in the last two minutes 2) safety by SF and final score being made by SF. My remaining live parley crashed and burned on it though. Talk about total exhilaration or despair, it was GREAT!

For WSOP I might play in a Omaha tournament on the 27th, otherwise I will just play cash games or a one day tournament at the Venetian since I am there only four nights this year. I have played in two WSOP events previously cashing in one. They are really a grind. In one I think I sat for almost 4 hours without seeing a flop. I will retire the end of this year so in 2015 I will stay for two weeks and play the main tournament as my retirement present to myself. Some of my buddies are already there and playing since they are already enjoying retirement. Always a great guy getaway trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.