1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best driving route EDC weekend

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by kittyglitter_mm, Jun 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kittyglitter_mm

kittyglitter_mm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Arriving June 20 around 9-10 pm and renting car. Staying downtown. Is the best route still I-15 to downtown considering it is the first night of EDC weekend or is there a quicker option. We've driven several times in Vegas but are really only familiar with main roads.

2. SikDmax

SikDmax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh man LOL, I wouldn't even consider it. Id be paying for a helicopter in and out. I know people that have sat for hours in traffic each evening and morning. Someone told me of a 3 hour cabride from the strip to the show last year. I couldnt handle that.

3. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hover craft or helicopter

4. kittyglitter_mm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not actually going to EDC. I'm concerned with traffic on I-15 getting to Fremont St. Best Alternative routes?

5. SikDmax

SikDmax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I left last year the Monday after EDC. I was riding a motorcycle, and lanesplitting in NV is illegal (Im from CA where its legal and commonplace). Well, I sat in the lane for about 30 seconds before I "forgot" I wasnt in CA and took off. First 115 miles from the Strip West on 15 I had to lanesplit with vehicle traffic 25MPH or slower. Absoultely insane. I imagine the Thurs/Friday leading up to the weekend is similar Eastbound.

6. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Damn...that does not sound encouraging for my drive back to Cali next weekend. Was planning to drive back Monday, but may have to switch it to Sunday, which is usually pretty bad on its own.

7. kittyglitter_mm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So any thoughts on the best alternative route to Fremont St? One with few traffic lights that won't be backed up on a Friday night ?

8. WallyBoag

WallyBoag Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you will be fine on I-15. The carnival is far enough past downtown that the backup shouldn't be that bad that far south on I-15.

9. kittyglitter_mm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I was looking for - thanks! I thought that but then starting hearing horror stories about hours on the freeway and got worried.

10. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the traffic will be northbound early in the evening and the traffic coming back will start at 3am till 8am or so.

11. CenterfieldNine

CenterfieldNine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    8am! what the what? kids these days... so it's south from the speedway? Both early Sunday and early Monday? or....

OP, im in the same position as you! heading downtown from Maccarran in a rental at ~10pm this friday. Awesome! :beer:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.