1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TSA Pre Check office at McCarran

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coming home yesterday, we noticed that they have opened a TSA Pre Check office in Terminal C. Now I might apply. I've put it off because the closest office to us is in Chicago, about 100 miles away to go for the interview and fingerprints.

2. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pre Check is definitely worth it, and we walked right by the office on Sunday. However, you might want to check if they accept walk-ins. We had to make an on-line appointment with the Atlanta office a few weeks in advance, but YMMV. And if you need an appointment, maybe it can be scheduled to coincide with your next trip. Have fun!

3. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info.
    But if you want to save your $85, and already Southwest A-list ?
    You get PreCk anyway.

4. progrocker2112

progrocker2112 Watch out for this guy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flying out of love field for the first time, they just looked at my pass and shuffled me off into the prechecked line just now. Guess I was profiled to be no threat. It was nice not taking off shoes or getting out liquid, but my belt buckle didn't make the cut. I guess it's worth it if you fly a lot.

5. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's this about interview and fingerprints to get TSA Precheck? I'm a Premier Gold with United and all I did was opt-in on the United website. I usually get Precheck now for most of my UA flights.....My wife has no status on American but got Precheck today for her flights and she did absolutely nothing to get that...I have also gotten Precheck some times with USAir without doing anything..

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We fly SWA and are not in any premium category. So our pre-checks are random. My wife got it 4 of our last 5 trips, but this was the first time I got it.

7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still haven't figured out the logic behind the so-called random pre-check.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.