1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

would like some reports on an MGM cabana

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by jhpa, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be renting a cabana for a day in early July at MGM. I would like to hear from recent MGM cabana users of their experiences:
    • What was included?
    • How was the service?
    • Any problems ordering from Cabana Grille as well as the regular cabana menu?
    • How early could you show up and how late can you stay at the cabana?
    • Any advice you would give?

Thanks for your thoughts!

2. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cost is a food and beverage minimum and the cabana.
    Service was above average. Had our own person that took our orders. Slow at times getting food to us.
    Just ordered from the menu so can't say.
    Open to close and we arrived at 11:30 and closed it down.
    Pepperoni pizza was $30 or $40 when we ordered it. Autogratuity and tax is not included in the price they quote you.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got one of these cabanas last summer on a sweltering day (120 degrees outside). Included in the cabana was a fridge, seating both inside the cabana and immediately outside it, floats for the pool, a TV, and I think there was a safe, but I can't recall that for certain. The service was good. We had a server and a cabana host that checked on us regularly. We did not order from the Grille, only directly from the menu (although it may have been one in the same in terms of what they offered). One piece of advice I would offer: it was blazing hot the day we did it, so I had our server bring us buckets of ice every half hour which we simply poured out onto the patio in front of the cabana to cool off the ground. We checked in pretty early (before 10) and stayed there until about 4 that afternoon. Hope that helps

I Need Spa
  4. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks - one question: was the refrigerator stocked with anything (water? soft drinks?) or was it empty?

5. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks - what time did you "close it down"?

6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't recall for certain, but I think it was empty. No matter, though. I don't know the prices on the different sized cabanas, but we had a larger one, so the food and bev minimum was $2k. Even though everything is overpriced, we still ordered a ton of stuff to get to that $2k threshold. I know we had water and sodas, but can't recall if we had to order them or not.

I Need Spa
  7. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    water was in the refer in my cabana in April

8. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last call was 6:30 PM for 7 PM or so close. We had waters only in the fridge.

9. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, they kick you out of the cabana earlier. They will start to harass you not much after 5:00, and 6:00 is about as late as they will tolerate. They will close out your cabana bill around 5:00.

10. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when were you there?

11. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when were you there?

I wonder if it depends on the day of the week and what might be going on at the pool in the evening...

12. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there three weeks ago - Fri & Sat cabana

13. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did a cabana last July or so, and I definitely remember them trying to hustle us out starting at around 5pm, but I don't think people cleared out until 6pm or so. Can't remember if the menu we ordered from different from the Cabana Grille menu to any appreciable extent, but every order was gigantic. We were in Cabana 12, which is one of the very big ones along the back wall by Wet Republic (I was told that the general public generally can't reserve those, but I have no idea if it's true), and had great service, including one of the servers actually tracking down a beer pong table for us. I generally don't like hanging out by the pool, but it was a good time.

14. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't know about Fri and Sat if the kick out times are different due to Wet Republic also being open but on Monday July 15, 2013 we had no problems as I posted earlier closing out after 6. We had to order some overpriced crazy peperoni pizza that took forever to get so we reached our $400 min.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.