1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Venetian or Bellagio - pools?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Redbirdjen44, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redbirdjen44

Redbirdjen44 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked at the Bellagio right now for 4 days in August (M-Th), but just received a great offer from the Venetian. Group of 10 late 30's/early 40's, professionals. Enjoy a good time and can get rowdy but not really into the club scene as we prefer/get more enjoyment out of actually talking to each other and strangers than hearing music go through us at this stage in our lives.

Anyway, what may or may not make the decision for us is each property's pool. Is it safe to say the Bellagio pool area is a little nicer, and while neither is full of the lazy river/wave pool/other activities like MGM, Mandalay or the MC -- the Venetian pool is a little more bland? (Kinda like the pool at the Paris--although this group had a ball at the Paris just BSing with each other, strangers, staff for an entire day a few years ago). Also, it looks to me like the Venetian pool may be in the shade 80% of the day--which the husband's wouldn't care about but the wifes like to bake.

Also, anyone know if the Venetian is a Coke or Pepsi hotel? Bellagio is Coke, and that matters greatly to a couple of wifes who love their diet cokes.

Thanks so much.

2. 2wayparlay

2wayparlay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always stay at the Bellagio in the summer months because I like their pool area. I think it's nice and classy, just like the hotel. It's a big layout with several pools. They have a private section where you can rent lounge chairs. Lots of trees for some shady areas but lots of open areas to bake in.

3. Redbirdjen44

Redbirdjen44 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks 2way. That's where we settled on, even though the rate for Venetian was abut 20% less. We just didn't like the looks of their pool area and worry it gets too much shade for the ladies.

4. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been to the Bellagio pool, but I think the Venetian pool complex is pretty nice. It's all connected with the Palazzo pool area, so you've got quite a large area to find a good spot in, plus several bars/restaurants.

5. Reefer

Reefer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stay at Bellagio often and part of that is because we love the pools. We have rented at the Cypress Pool...have two lounge chairs rented for our next visit in August but we may have to cancel our trip due to family illness. Pretty sure it's $50/pp (per lounger) during the week. I think you'll enjoy their pool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.