1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas 289,000 LP's - 7 weeks left WHAT SHOULD I GET?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by DonnyC, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,

I got 289,000 LP's left and 7 weeks to go.

I've used rewards in the past like tickets to O, KA, Circus Circus Stakehouse $150 credit, Sporting House $50 credit, and a buffet.

This time around I have booked:
    1) GOLD Lounge bottle service
    2) Picnic by the pool at Monte Carlo - booked this one because my brother also booked it and we want to check out the pool.

So with 289,000 LP's and 7 weeks left...what are some good options? Note: i will be traveling with my brother so something that we can do together is key.

I was looking at 2 dinner buffets for Mirage...but haven't got it yet.

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 dinner buffets anywhere is a ripoff, imo.

I'd go to another Cirque show.

Either Zarkana or LOVE. The entire board will disagree with me here, but I liked Zarkana more because it was more acrobatics. I am too young for the Beatles. But if you like the Beatles at all, then you probably should go to LOVE, but it's mostly music and dancing.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  3. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as for the incremental more points it costs, I agree.

But because I am going with my brother, and we have the LP's, is makes no sense to burn up 2 rewards so that we can each have the buffet - use 1 reward and use more LP's is worth, as opposed to using 2 rewards and still have LP's.

4. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd use it for comped and 25% off some great rooms. But the show tickets do seem to be an even better value.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Iirc, Donny has Flamingo comped already, so he really doesn't need a room. But I agree, if not all your nights are comped, comped room nights are some of the best value for LPs.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  6. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Moorea Beach (topless/European) pool at Mandalay Bay. Reward is for two people -- two guys would enjoy!! 30,000LP

Another idea. Just planned for my husband & his best friend -- get a Thurs night room at MGM Grand (46,000LP). Free room w/$28 resort fee. But, you can get 30% discount on Beacher's Madhouse reserved seating (as an MGM guest -- $75 savings for 2 people) and legitimate access to the MGM pool complex for both Thursday & Friday, one of the best pools on the strip. If you are gonna waste LP's anyway...that'd be the way I'd go!

7. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are talking about the main pool complex? What type of room do you get with the My Vegas reward?

8. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would probably do the 2 zarkana tickets. I think its a very good show (I saw it for the second time last week) and is probably your best bang for your lps. If there were a 2 ticket package for Love, I'd rank that one a bit better than Zarkana (saw it last week and thought it was fantastic)

9. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    West King Room/Cheapest and smallest room in the Hotel. You probably could ask for a free upgrade and get it for one night (I told him to give it a try). But, they aren't staying in it anyway -- unless Beacher's gets out of hand and they don't have the wherewithal to get back to Luxor across the street. His friend keeps booking them at the Luxor, and Luxor pool sucks!. It's gonna be HOT this weekend...a pool day or two is needed and MGM Grand Pool complex is huge, very nice and lots of fun. My hubs also wants to go back to Beacher's and take him to see it. A table there makes it a much better experience. Killed two birds... Planner extraordinaire!! (Me). Too many myvegas LP's can be a problem. Gotta get creative on how to use up bigger rewards...and get the most bang for your buck.

You might consider a plan like this on your Gold Lounge night and save the Drai's night for a full day where you could spend the entire night there.

Just an idea too...since you guys sound like a similar situation to my husband's trip...they are going to 1923 Bourbon & Burlesque/Manadalay Bay the following Friday. If you email them you can reserve a table for a $50PP drink minimum (need to be there by 10pm) and enjoy a cool venue for an hour or two before going out to Drai's afterward. That's their plan the following day...

10. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the buffet rewards. They aren't the best LP value but, unless you are a foodie, you can have a big buffet meal and eat lighter the rest of the day and can save you a lot of $$$ that you would otherwise spend on food. I've used buffet rewards for Mandalay dinner, Aria dinner, and MGM champagne brunch (for 2) and I wasn't disappointed with any of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.