1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pig Ranchers In Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Breeze147, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what old retirees argue about over lunch.

My buddy claims there is only one pig ranch in the Las Vegas area and it has an exclusive contract with MGM and no one else.

I told him he is completely full of shit and that there are many pig ranches out there and all of the resorts use one of them to process their slop.

Please settle this before I throttle this idiot.

BTW, yes, I know there are two pig ranches in Pahrump.:beer:

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know about exclusive contract, this guy services the Strip hotels. Believe me if you get near this place it stinks!!!

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/apr/23/las-vegas-circle-life-buffet-pigs-buffet/

3. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They all stink, and its hog farmers- not pig ranchers. I am surrounded by the stink and have actually worked on a farm. That was over 20 years ago and I am still shocked I didn't puke.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My uncle made a very nice living out of his garbage collection service and hog farming. When he started he was in the country, then the neighbors started selling off their farms for home development. Soon he was surrounded by homeowners complaining about the smell. The fact that he was there first made no difference in this case. In the end, the farm was shutdown.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  5. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People here say hog shit is the smell of money. The farm I worked at was huge and sent hogs to Hormel all the time

6. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its the same thing down in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania where about half the mushrooms are grown in the US. They have to compost the hay and horse manure outside and when the wind shifts, the folks in their $500k McMansions get pissed. Some of the newer farms are now composting indoors now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.