1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Venetian Gondolas

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by hornhiyo, May 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hornhiyo

hornhiyo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone done the gondola ride? What's the cost? How many on each gondola? My wife and I have talked about it but never done it. We're taking my son and his g/f and were going to put them on a gondola. We may also do it, whether on the same or different gondolas.

Thoughts, hopes, dreams? :wave:

2. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did it in December, in the evening. Then there was no line, $18 person was the cost, and we were the only 2 in the gondola. The gondola should fit 4 but they face each other. I would prefer not to look at someone else or be looked at in a romantic setting.

[​IMG]

3. hornhiyo

hornhiyo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see there's am option indoor or outdoor, is this for the entire ride or does the outdoor ride also go indoors?

Also is the cost the same per person if you have 2 or 4 on the gondola?

4. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did not go inside, just stayed outside so I'm assuming they are two different rides.

I don't think it matters how many riders. I think it's priced per person.

5. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just looked it up on their website.

https://www.venetian.com/activities-events.html

6. pink_paradise

pink_paradise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a price difference for four people per gondola versus only two. Nicky you likely got lucky and ended up paying the normal rate but got a private gondola. They charge you much more for you to have a private gondola for just the two of you (approx. $75 for two) instead of approx. $36 for two if you were to share with another couple.
    We did the inside ride (this was in July) and shared it with two other people and really enjoyed it. Not sure when you are going, but if heat will be a factor I would recommend the indoor ride. If heat is not a factor, the way to decide between indoor/outdoor (or so I have been told) is that if you want more of the "Venice canal" feel go indoors, if you want more of the "Vegas" feel go outdoors. Just my two cents!

7. thekillers

thekillers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we were there last summer it was about 106 degrees, woman selling the tickets recommended we do the inside one, smart call. It was nice and cool inside, I felt like the inside one was longer, but I could be wrong.

8. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was Dec 16th when we did it and the place was empty. All of Vegas is empty that time of year.

[​IMG]

9. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We paid for the shared ride but rode just the two of us. We rode outside. Lots of people say it's corny but we loved it. There are electric motors underneath so the gondolier steers it and sings beautifully. We rode a few days after we got married and it was very romantic and memorable. You have to surrender to the circumstances.

10. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IIRC, I read that the indoor gondolas are not operating as they are redoing the canals. I would call and ask if it is important to know ahead of your visit.

11. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget to tip your gondolier! $5 at the very least. Especially if it's just the boat of 2.

We have done the indoor ride with the other 2 seats empty. When you do a 2 person ride, you are pretty much just paying the cost of filling those 3rd and 4th seats!

It's fun.. but it goes quick. Less than 10 min for sure. Lots of people taking photos/videos of the gondolas in motion and looking at you out there.. You'll be in a lot of others vacation photos.. haha!!

I actually considered proposing to my wife on the gondola. Had a really elaborate idea but never went through with it (the gondola part!)
    Looking back.. glad I didn't! ...but it's been done, many many times before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.