1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Cosmo comp room email June 22 - July 31

Discussion in 'Comps' started by aliasyoshi, May 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone else gotten this? It states two nights comp Sun-Thurs between 6/22 and 7/31. I am guessing they still charge the resort fee? Still not bad for the very little play I have there. :thumbsup:

2. the12teddy

the12teddy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed on a comp this past weekend.

No resort fee but I was charged $150 per night deposit (which I received back in 3 days)

3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been charged a resort fee on my comped rooms at Cosmo. I thought the $150 hold was total, not per night though I don't pay much attention to it as the hold is credited back when you check out.

4. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just phoned to book this offer and was told that there will be a $20 resort fee added per night.

5. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I got this too, my first ever offer from Cosmo finally. Then I saw the details, Sun-Thurs between Jun 22 and Jul 31, talk about a restrictive window! I agree its not bad for the little play I've dropped there, that is until I read all these other posts about people playing a few minutes of on a slot and then getting 3 free nights, a bunch of resort credit, and freeplay whenever they want. :grrr:

6. Wezvidz

Wezvidz High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first EVER comp room offer from them!! Weeeeeee!

I already had a July 9/10/11 Ballys stay planned then 11/12/13 at the D. This is a bit of an upgrade.

7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know, I got this one too and figured it must have resulted from my miniscule play there earlier this month... and then my girlfriend reminded me that we went right back to Aria after RRL and I never actually got to gamble at Cosmopolitan. I played a couple hours of $25 blackjack back in November, but it seemed like odd timing to be coming from that trip. Guess they're casting a pretty wide net.

8. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got it too. I've had few other offers in the past, a night or two during november/december, maybe february as well. All very slow times.

The only play I ever gave them was last July; I lost $100 on a $5 slot, then took the promotion money for new members and pulled $95 out of a VP machine. So they got $5 total out of me, and have sent a few offers.

I'm already booked as a comp at Flamingo next month; I'm tempted to take this offer for two of those days, but I'm looking forward to enjoying not having to move hotels for once!

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  9. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    cosmo often sends out mailers for free rooms monthly.
    I use it as my home base and I get a mailer for every 4-6 weeks that's only valid for the next 4-6 weeks

fk

10. zephyrm

zephyrm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife received it as well. Won't work for us as we arrive tomorrow night for a stay.

11. hoochiemama

hoochiemama Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Somehow both my wife and I each received the same offer. I promptly booked two nights each for our summer trip.

Hope it's not too good to be true. I'm hoping they can combine at checkin without complications. We were both extremely pleasantly surprised to receive free nights as we haven't played much there at all!

It reminds me a bit of the good ol days when they were giving us low rollers free rooms at the Venetian years ago.

12. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband & I have frequently combined offers when checking in at Cosmo with no problem.

13. bhbob

bhbob Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About a week and a half until my third free trip there in 6 months! Enjoying the love that they are showing this low roller.:thumbsup:

14. theghost

theghost Stuck at work, but should find a poker table

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received this email offer yesterday as well.....I know many here have donated heavily to Cosmo with no love on the Comps so for reference......

My wife and I have played there maybe 2-3 hours in the past 24 months.....if that much.
    We both took them up on the 100 loss rebate program they had going (she played mostly $1 slots, and I played some as well with a small amount of green chip BJ mixed in) No clue how we could have "earned" this offer as the small amount of play we gave them wouldn't seem to fit their "generosity"

Nice surprise to find though, might be time to take them up on it and enjoy it while it lasts

15. rgerards

rgerards Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    too bad it overlaps with my myvegas rooms :)

16. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not in love with the fact that they will probably charge the $20 resort fee, but it could be worse. Yes, I am THAT frugal. :)

17. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just received these e-mails as well, the day we got back from Vegas. It's enticing enough that we are considering a return trip in July to take advantage of the offer.

18. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd say that having issues about a $20 room at Cosmo is several steps past 'frugal'!

19. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You calling me cheap? That's Dr. Cheap to you! :Þ

20. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm just jealous, since I didn't get the e-mail offer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.