1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MJ One Reviews/Advice?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by dutchvelvet, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're in MB on a business/pleasure trip on June 20-23 and are considering going to see MJ One at 7:30 Saturday Night. Rooms are comped and we have a decent resort credit. We'll have some back-end comps coming as well. I'm Gold Tier with MLife and get decent property offers from MB, but do not have a host. I know its MJ ONe of the newer shows and is harder to get discounts for.

My first question is how many have seen the show and how was it? Any advice on seating? I've never been in the theater.

My other questions relate to how to most cost effectively go.

1. Should I book through MB VIP services? If I do that, can the show just be added to the eventual room charge?
    2. Should I rely on Tix 4 Tonight instead? Will they reliably have cheaper tickets to that show?
    3. Can you use resort credit/room charge for MB to pay for the show tickets?

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw the show earlier this month and enjoyed it. Obviously, you need to like MJ's music. less acrobatics than other Cirque shows. More of a dance show. I really enjoyed the Thriller and Billie Jean sets. We sat about 16 rows back from the stage and that was perfect. I wouldn't recommend sitting any closer because there is action on the sides of the stages and from the ceiling. Sitting any closer and I'm not sure I could have taken it all in

I Need Spa
  3. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw the show last summer and loved it. We sat in the section on the right about 10 rows back. There is a lot going on all around you so you don't want to be to close. Tickets are expensive but I would pay to see it again.

4. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think there will be any discounts for the show given its stil new. I cheaped out and sat in the last row. Hard to see any of the dancers up close from back there. I don't know if I'd see it again but if I was, I'd sit as close as possible within the price you're comfortable with.

5. ihatesnow

ihatesnow Tourist

This. I was slated for Sec 205 Row MM (cheapest) and was moved up to FF - not a bad view, but if you're comfortable with spending more, I would aim for the back rows of Sec 102 or thereabouts. The side screens are huge and taking in the whole production is part of the spectacle you're paying for.

I would work on the assumption it will not be available through Tix 4 Tonight - I don't think it has shown up there yet and you're there on a weekend. Check the times you want now to see how it's selling so far - Ticketmaster will show you exactly what seats are available. If you decide to buy ahead of time, do it through Mandalay Bay's website. It's still powered by Ticketmaster and you'll still be able to choose your exact seats, but it will save you about $10/ticket in BS fees.

Also note that the show is LOUD.

6. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just saw the show on Sunday. We were in sec 102 row j in seats 15 & 16 in the center. Awesome seats. The show was fantastic! If you have a host, book thru them.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  7. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ended up booking through MB VIP services. Gentleman was very helpful and appeared to have more tickets available than what showed up on the website. He was able to just put it on the room charge, which is nice because I'll probably get them comped off the back end. I asked for middle of the lower section based upon the advice from here. I'll report back after the trip.

8. papillon

papillon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Show is fantastic, especially if you like MJ music. Definitely worth your money. I don't know if you can get discount tickets but you can definitely get better seats through MB website.

9. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen the show twice and loved it both times! Glad you got tix, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

10. swilk

swilk Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am in the minority .... did not care for the show at all.

Loved the music. The sound system was awesome. Our seats were great.

Didnt like the show.

We have seen several Cirque shows and this ranks last for my wife and I .... to make up for it we decided to go and see Love for the second time a couple of nights later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.