1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria, MGM, Mandalay Bay, or Mirage buffet?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by tangerinediesel, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tangerinediesel

tangerinediesel Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm trying to choose two out of those four. Have more than enough myvegas stuff for 2 for 1's at any of them. I'm leaning towards Mirage as one since I guess alcohol is included? Any thoughts on the others? I'm thinking MGM, but would like some input. I really love Bellagio's buffet, but have done that one plenty of times and want to try something new.

2. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried 3 of the 4 of these on our last trip. I would put them in this order.

Mandalay Bay - really wonderful breakfast and great variety on the buffet. Everything was really well done. Those darn cheese blinzes were delicious. They also had turkey at their carving station that was maybe the BEST turkey I have ever had. Also love the dining area.

Mirage - this buffet was just ok. Yes, they have liquor with your meal, but that isn't ever important to me. The food was all good, but I can't really remember any of it. That's why MB ranks higher. Memories

MGM - This buffet was just so so, although they did have the best Mac n Cheese of the trip. Everything is laid out all in the middle. There was quite a long wait as well to get in. All in all, it was a meal, and not horrid, but nothing to write home about.

We ended up not making it to Aria at all this trip, so I can't comment on their buffet.

3. vsop

vsop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    buffet

I had the bkft/lunch buffet at each of the four....my personal fav is Aria, for the décor, quality and variety....Mirage is a distant second, the prime rib was excellent though.....MB and MGM are way back.....MGM had, IMO, a limited selection and the setting wasn't all that appealing....

4. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Mirage and Aria.

5. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't made it to MB yet. Of the other 3, Aria, Mirage, MGM.

6. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1. Aria is my #1 choice though.

7. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Mirage buffet twice and it was "meh"...free booze doesn't really appeal to me since it's free when I gamble and dirt cheap on the strip when I don't. Found they REALLY lacked selection

8. BiGP

BiGP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM and Mandalay Bay

MGM: Prime Rib was delicious!! The pancakes,crepes, and crab legs were good. The sushi wasn't tasty at all but the champagne was very good.

Mandalay Bay: There Prime Rib was great too! Crab legs were cold...... Blitzs were sweet and savory, strawberry french toast was out of this world and the bloody marys and mimosas's were good.

Aria I've dined there twice and both times were for dinner. I love Prime Rib so of course that was a must! it was very good as the rest, I tried the seafood:King Crab legs(they had butter all over them!) and they were good! My first trip the peel and eat shrimp were peeled and huge, the second time they weren't peeled and much smaller. I will say I was disappionted with the Vietnamese station, Tandoori station and sushi station the second time around. But when you eating for free with Myvegas comps you'll get over it. I also have the open bar along with the buffet and was disappointed that they stopped me at 5 beverages.

9. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's my $0.02 worth:

Been to 3 of those 4 many times and will do the MGM via myVegas next trip. So here we go..........

#1 - Mandalay Bay - One of the most underrated buffets in town. Small portions constantly cooked fresh. Lots of cooks in the back always making something. Great table service. Loved the freshness of the food.

#2 - Aria - Many choices on their dinner buffet, the Asian section was very good IMO. Their prime rib was grey and way overcooked. Gelato station was very good and many choices as well.

#3 - Mirage - I've had breakfast, lunch, and a few dinners at this buffet. Mostly due to where was I staying that week on the strip. Average to above average food choices. Their smoked meats section for dinner was incredible! The smoked pork ribs had that awesome smoky flavor all the way to the bone. Asian selection is good as well.

10. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've had all four of the buffets. I realize that everyone had a different experience so you are going to get a variety of responses. Here is my opinions:

MGM: Probably my favorite out of this group. Had the champagne brunch. Food was decent, although was not a huge selection. service was great. Wasn't too busy. Kept the mimosa's going..always a bonus. I would return to this buffet again.

Mandalay Bay: Had for breakfast Nice selection of foods at proper temps. Service was very good here. Would return again

Mirage: Had for breakfast and supper. Yes, beer & wine included, even at breakfast. Regular beverages are self serve during breakfast. Stations are separated by ethnic varieties. Didn't like the fact that they are very spread out. Service was good. Not sure if I would return or not, it was OK, but I wasn't that impressed.

Aria: Had for breakfast. I appreciate the variety of ethnic food, but most were not of proper temps and to be honest I was afraid of getting food poison. Service was AWFUL. Had to take a silverware place setting from a nearby empty table. Had to flag down a bus person to get us a server. Once we got our beverages the server was never seen again, even to clear plates. Refills....???? Forget it, even others around us couldn't get a coffee refill. Not impressed and therefore not sure I would ever return. Probably the first time I have never left a tip.

We use most of our myvegas for food.....can you tell? Need other buffet reviews..??? We've also used myvegas for Bellagio, Luxor, and Excalibur buffets.....way too many :vomit: And, not all on one trip, more like over 4 different trips.

11. tangerinediesel

tangerinediesel Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much for the input everyone. It's gonna be a tough choice. I wish I could hit them all.

I keep reading that about Aria which is really concerning. I'm kind of needy when I'm dining out as far as beverages/refills are concerned. I've had to swear off buffets before because of poor beverage service. Had a terrible experience at Flamingo's for example, but PH's was great. Makes me think the MGM brunch might be for me. Mimosa's continuing to come sounds great plus it seems to be valid on Sundays and I'm staying across the street at NYNY. I've had Bellagio that's probably my favorite next to Cosmo. I'm not overlooking Excalibur or Luxor compared to the 4 I asked about am I?

That actually makes me think Mirage. The smoked meat section is one of the best parts to me!

12. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was during the dinner buffet, not sure if it's the same for lunch though. Hope this helps. :banana:

13. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria and Mandalay Bay

14. buknaked36

buknaked36 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in Vegas in early May.

Mirage for dinner - excellent. My wife and liked almost everything we tried. I thought the seafood selection was excellent.

Aria for dinner - Very seldom that I complain but Aria buffet was lackluster. Both the wife and I thought the food seemed very mediocre - nothing stood as "oh I've got to have some more of that!". I will add one caveat in that we went around 5:30 which was a slow period for the buffet. The food had been there a while and wasn't turning over quickly so we definitely weren't getting their best offering.

On a side note, we stayed at Aria and i would highly recommend it - just a great experience all around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.