1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Martini Comp Drink Suggestions

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by alana86, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alana86

alana86 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can anyone who drinks martinis recommend a good "comped" martini to ask for while playing slots at the fancier hotels like Aria/Belagio?

I already plan to ask for a chocolate and a lemon martini but I'm looking for other gooed recommendations. :licklips:

2. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a Martini drinker but from what I've heard I would suggest splitting the difference between Aria and Bellagio and go to Cosmo.

3. alana86

alana86 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol touche

4. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    cosmo without a doubt

5. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    depends on what you like, traditional? sour? sweet, bitter...

(and not to be nit-picky, but anything in a v-shaped glass is not a "martini", at best they are "cocktails" and if you speak to a "mixologist" (read :hipster bartender) not even all of them can be classified that way...) a Martini is Gin and Dry Vermouth, a dash of orange bitters..thats it)

Personally I like a drink called a "Negroni" a great cocktail served either up or on the rocks with a slice of orange...great appetitie opener before dinner...its equal parts Gin, Campari (bitter orange), and Sweet Vermouth stirred till cold. Takes some adventure at first if you are not used to those flavors, but it is one of my favorites..and two or three will knock you sideways!

6. kittyglitter_mm

kittyglitter_mm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellini at Bellagio, Raspberry lemon drop at Cosmo, chocolate at Aria. I like appletinis at Cosmo too. If you like champagne, try a French 75. I've only gotten them at Bellagio, but Aria and Cosmo will probably make them too.

7. alana86

alana86 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like gin and I like sweet (but not too sweet) drinks as I feel all that sugar makes a person more hungover. That being said, I may just have to try this one. Thanks :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.