1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Taking vacation alone.

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Backagain1, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would love to take a Vegas vacation alone. Is that horrible? No kids no spouse just me!
    I wish I could pull it off!

2. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see nothing wrong with it. As long as spouse can do their thing alone.

3. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might just bring it up.

4. Brensan

Brensan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done it - had a lot of fun! But I stayed at NYNY, where I knew half the staff and felt very comfortable there. I still prefer the company of my husband, or girlfriends - but it's kinda cool doing whatever you want, whenever you want! Other than traveling for business, Vegas is the only place I'd choose to go solo.

5. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It really depends on what you plan on doing. If you're more of a gambler then maybe it's best to go by yourself. If you're into dining and shows then it's best to go with someone else since it's boring to eat or watch a show alone.

6. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do it at least a couple times a year. I really need to be alone to recharge my batteries completely. When partner is with me, I am busy trying to make sure that he is happy, so I don't get to relax as much as I would like to. When I am alone, I can eat, sleep, or do whatever I want, when I want to.

For me, Vegas is the perfect place to do this. Fairly close to home, so I can do a quick 3 day vacation, 24 hour food readily available, and people around in case I decide to be social.

7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you implying your spouse doesn't enjoy Vegas?
    If she doesn't than first offer a trip where she does her thing and you do your thing then meet for a meal or two each day.
    If she isn't down with that than suggest going alone, but at least offer.

My wife wouldn't let me go alone only because she enjoys Vegas just as much and would be upset/jealous.

8. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He enjoys it, but with all the stresses of life sometimes I would like to simply be alone. I have never had that opportunity but I think it would be great to reboot!

9. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gone solo several times, and I can tell you it's awesome! I kind of eased into it. First , prior to kids I met my wife in vegas whenever he had to travel to the Wes t coast for business.well of course "meeting her" meant I was there 2 days early.. I enjoyed that solo time so much that I now ask for vegas trips for my birthday, fathers day, arbor day, earth day, presidents day. Okay maybe im exaggerating but I try to get out twice a year. Just be honest and upfront about why you want to go alone and you'll be fine. My wife knows exactly what I'm doing when I go, drinking jack an ginger and gambling and putting everything thing else out of my mind for a few days. It is great therapy.

10. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas is a great place to visit solo. So much to do, see, and play at. I go to "reboot" and come back ready to face life again. My spouse understands and as much as I enjoy going solo, I love going with my wife.

When we go together there are other things we do beside gambling. We do shows, shopping, fine dining, sightseeing, etc. When I go solo it's gambling, eat, sleep, and more gambling! But that's me. Other solo travelers do other things, which there is a ton of that, lol!

11. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being a complete loner, it's no different from everyday life for me. I talk a lot to myself and to people from my past that live in my head, so I always have some great conversations. I prefer eating at the bar. I don't like to be told how much to gamble, but I'm fairly conservative anyway. Going to shows is no problem since I have traveled to MLB games all over the country by myself for many years. I can strike up a conversation with anyone very easily.

I'm pretty sure I would hate going with someone else.

12. ski-doo_rider

ski-doo_rider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I so wish I could go to Vegas solo, do what I want when I want and not have to worry about anyone......ahhh dare to dream......

13. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most every couple I know makes time for the solo getaway. And Vegas is a great place to be solo and never be alone or lonely. I spend a lot of time in Hawaii, for instance, without Terri, and at the end of the day a day in paradise solo is a solo day. Now Vegas? No worries remotely. And I'm not suggesting it's about hooking up or what not. It's just easy to have fun and be amused in Vegas doing your own thing.

As Nike would say, just do it.

14. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What Ken said.
    My spouse and I are Not joined at the hip. Sometimes we go to vegas together, but mostly Not.
    I enjoy it more, so I go more often, which means solo.
    I can visit with friends in town, but most of the time, just do my own thing............and its wonderful.:faint:

15. tex55

tex55 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of my Vegas trips are solo (wife hates Vegas). In my opinion, Vegas is a place where solo trips are great. I gamble 80% of the time, and eat at restaurant bars, so I usually meet interesting people. I never feel lonely.

16. unomas

unomas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is my problem as well "wife hates vegas" she tells me I can go without her but you know how woman can be (no offense meant, but my wife happens to be the jealous type).... I am going next week solo, first for me and I am looking forward to it! (originally we were to drive south for vaca, but her job got in the way, so off I go!)

17. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We both love Vegas.

Being realistic that we're not that young anymore and illnesses, etc happen, I told my husband that if I became incapable of going, he should take a break and go on his own.

I'd have no problem going on my own either. The caregiver needs to look after their own health.

18. darlene

darlene Low-Roller

I've never done Vegas solo, almost went earlier this year by myself. DH doesn't really enjoy Vegas the way I do and has no problem with me going by myself. The problem I have with going solo, is that DH is what keeps me from losing all self-control and blowing my BR too quickly. Somehow, broke/solo/Vegas just doesn't sound fun.

19. mistermoe

mistermoe Low-Roller

I absolutely love going to Vegas solo(single mid forties). I'm not much of a gambler, but will bet a few bucks on the horses and blackjack. I go to relax and exhale (public school teacher) for a few days and come back home truly ready for summer break. I have no problem sitting in restaurants and enjoying a solo meal. The thing is, you just have to figure how many days you can stay in Vegas without getting lonely or bored.

Moe

20. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it a great idea to do things away from your spouse. You are married, not attached at the hip. its healthy to spread your wings once in a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.