1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sushi

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by KBT2012, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only sushi I've had in Vegas was at Sushi Roku and it was fantastic. Looking to try something new.....Yellowtail @ Bellagio vs. Blue Ribbon @ Cosmo.....who wins?

2. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a feeling I'll be in the minority on this one, but I think Blue Ribbon is the better of the two.

I suggest adding Bar Masa in Aria to your consideration list as well.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Make it a minority of two! I like Yellowtail, but prefer Blue Ribbon. I think it is excellent and eat there everytime I am at Cosmo.

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  4. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys, I've always wanted to try Blue Ribbon....seems to have a cool atmosphere too. I've eaten at Scarpetta and STK and that whole floor of the cosmo seems to be pretty awesome around night time.

5. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not tried STK, but Blue Ribbon is much better than Scarpetta. Milos is excellent as well

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  7. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone's going to hate me for this, but I love the sushi buffet at Todai! So much variety. The quality is probably lower since it's a buffet, but I still love it.

8. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny that, when I went for sushi there in March, they told me to come back for the chicken.

I haven't been to Yellowtail, but I thought Blue Ribbon quite good. I had the Toshi's Choice, and what with Edamame beforehand and a couple of pieces of uni just to round things out (love that stuff), I was pleasantly full.

One thing they did fry was the head of the prawn served on the sushi plate, and while I could eat a dozen with beer watching football, it was a big greasy mouthful served in the middle of all that clean tasting fish. Guess that is what the ginger is there for.

Enjoy!

9. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't mind sushi buffets, as long as they offer pretty good food. Never been to the Todai location in Vegas, but I've been to the one in Seoul, Korea and it was pretty good. Thinking about heading to a sushi brunch in Miami and the price is $95 per person, so I'm hoping it will be good!

+1 for Blue Ribbon though. Really like the food and service there. :thumbsup:

10. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really applicable to the OP, but last trip my wife and I went off-strip to Goyemon for AYCE. I thought it was great quality for $26.95 pp. Not sure it's worth a cab ride, but easy to get to if you have a car.

11. BiGP

BiGP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sushi and Samba

By far the best sushi I've ever had!!!! Its a must located inside the Palazzo the rolls start at $25 I would recommend the lobster roll. King California roll, Rainbow roll. Also, the samba juice is unbeveliable!:nworthy: There desserts are also divine. The party I went with, we ordered, the doughnuts, hot chocolate(s), and the smores!:beer:

12. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've actually had this and was surprisingly shocked at how good it was. Granted this was around 3 years ago or so.

13. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the name of the place? Lol

14. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually enjoyed Scarpetta more so than STK. STK is a good high end steakhouse but nothing about it really stood out. I would return no problems, however if we are judging pure steak quality I'd go over to Jean Georges @ Aria instead (funny because their crispy sushi sampler is actually the single best pieces of sushi I have ever eaten).

15. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I think Sushi Samba is the restaurant that BiGP is talking about

http://sushisamba.com/location/las-vegas/location

I am very fond of this place, and especially enjoy the different types of cuisine available.

16. BiGP

BiGP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sushi and Samba! I didn't realize the font was so distorted!:peace:

17. papillon

papillon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are going to shell out the big bucks for Blue Ribbon or Yellowtail, IMHO your money will be better spent going off strip to China town on Spring Mountain Road and go to Kabuto. There, you will get authentic Edomae sushi (Tokyo style), the way they do it in Tokyo. They don't do westernized rolls. Just pure sushi. You can order a la carte from their menu or go omakase (chef's choice). There are three price ranges for the omakase. I grew up in Tokyo and I swear this place is the closest to a really upscale sushi restaurant you can go to in Japan.

18. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads up, sounds really cool.

19. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you been there since the head chef left? Would that even make much of a difference?

20. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed Yellowtail, but it was kind of loud and casual; I like the atmosphere at Blue Ribbon much better (although I generally avoid it in Vegas since there's one just a few blocks from my apartment here). I also might consider RM at Mandalay Bay, which has some decent rolls and very high quality fish. BarMasa is great but very, very expensive, to the point where I think it's kind of overpriced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.