1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas A room booking conundrum

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by TuscaloosaJohnny, May 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TuscaloosaJohnny

TuscaloosaJohnny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So my wife and I are about to book a trip for June 29-July 3 at Mirage, each using two weekday bonus room comps.

However, I'm also trying to win a free promotion on online poker site Bovada's Facebook page that would award me a seat into the $1,111 buy-in World Series of Poker tournament that starts July 3 and $1,889 in travel expenses.

My question: if I go ahead and book the room at the Mirage and later win that promo am I out those points, or is it possible to change my reservation to a later date and apply them to that? If so, must it be the same property or could I switch to Luxor or Monte Carlo, for example?

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once you call to reserve the room, the points are gone and they can not refund them. I have heard (and this is probably a very rare occurrence) of people being able to call and get the dates moved AFTER they have reserved the room. Typically though, you need to cancel and lose the points if you've already booked. If you haven't booked, the points can be refunded.

3. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Officially you're out the points. However, last night I just booked 3 myVegas nights at Monte Carlo for September and the reservationist said that if my plans changed that they'd try to work with me to reschedule. I'm pretty sure that would have been at the same resort.

Good luck with the poker tourney!

4. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wait to book your room

problem solved

I'm here all day :thumbsup:

5. TuscaloosaJohnny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The problem being I've seen MGM take away some of the dates you can use the weekday bonus room points, and fear that could happen again before I book.

6. bigpatpunisher

bigpatpunisher Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About this time last year, I was able to change the date on a Zarkana ticket after booking because of work. The terms do say all bookings are final, so I assumed the points were lost, but she made the switch without much hassle. I'd consider that an exception, however, so I wouldn't bank on it.

7. TuscaloosaJohnny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A postscript: It has become obvious I'm not going to win that contest I had hoped for so we went ahead and got the Mirage room...though I was surprised to learn you can only get one reward per account on that one now (most allow you three per room type lifetime, I think) so we booked Mirage for two night. I'll have to figure out a Plan B for the other two nights.

As an aside, what's with the lack of food rewards at Mirage? Just about every other property has a number of food and drink options, while at Mirage it's the buffet or nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.