1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Stratosphere SkyJump - booking query

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by owenmc60, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. owenmc60

owenmc60 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for advice from someone who's done the SkyJump at the Stratosphere ...

I'm wondering whether it's advisable to call and reserve a slot or whether you can just turn up.

I'm gonna be in Vegas first half of Aug, will that busy summertime affect the need to book?

I tried emailing them directly, but got the most generic reply which didn't answer my questions!! :thumbsdown:

2. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done it once, and I just showed up and did it right then. From the time I paid, I was back on the ground within 15 minutes. However, I showed up around midnight on a Tuesday night so they weren't very busy. I only saw two other jumpers.

They definitely will take reservations, but it is not required. At ~$150 a jump with the video, they'll gladly let you jump without a reservation.

Also, do the jump at night! One of the greatest views ever!

3. owenmc60

owenmc60 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers for that info! Do you think it was that quiet because it was midnight?

I think I'm gonna do it daytime as I'll defo be far too drunk at midnight to jump off a tall-arse tower haha! :vomit:

Do you think it'll be quiet enough to just turn up during the day and not have to wait for ages?

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be fine just showing up and buying a ticket.

5. owenmc60

owenmc60 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sweet will do, gives me some flexibility rather than committing to a date! :thumbsup:

6. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I waited about 30 minutes for her jump on a weekend day. There were a handful of people in front of her but it moved along fine.

Bill

7. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the jump late morning and there wasn't many waiting when I turned up, I was a little unlucky in the fact after I had paid the Hotel alarm went off and we had to evacuate, myself and the other couple of people who we waiting followed the Skyjump staff out of the hotel but as we got outside we were told everything was ok and we returned inside. Once your suited up it goes fairly quick, I would recommend getting the camera on your wrist, worst part for me was standing on the platform, that's when it really kicks in how far up you are, I would do it again as it is such a rush jumping off the platform, but I would do it at night next time

8. owenmc60

owenmc60 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers for the info guys. Yeah, I'm defo doing the video package, may as well have a momento if I'm gonna hurl myself off a tower haha!

We're in Vegas midweek, so if it was only 30mins at a weekend, it's probably less midweek. I had to queue for over an hr to do the Bungee jump at Macau (775ft!), so I'm happy to wait for a short while.

:nworthy: Thanks again for all the advice!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.