1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Explain your profile name/pic/avatar

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by vgslvr, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vgslvr

vgslvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plz explain ur profile name/pic/avatar unless its self explanatory like mine. If u don't want to, save the bandwidth for everyone.

Lot of entertaining/enlightening profiles so far..Optionally, plz also include the gender(offcourse, only where pic not included), since profile names can be misleading (case in point UK)

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  2. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first & last initials are M & D so mdee!
    Avatar is of a $1K hit on a WOF which is
    still one of my all time favorite games.

3. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My name is Nick, but my friends call me Nicky.

My Avatar is the top Jackpot on a quarter 4X Diamond machine. Only time I hit three diamonds across on any double/triple/4x type machine.

And my signature picture is (arguably) the best damn signature picture on the board. :beer:

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My name happens to be Sonya and that picture is some chick I used to know years and years and years ago. (Ok, it's me in my 20's. I should really update it, but I love that photo. It's from a picture of a friend and I at the Keystone in SF.)

[​IMG]

5. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was a competitive Laser Tagger my alias was SpeeDemoN, over the years the "SpeeD" part fell off and I have always used DeMoN as my alias since then. When I first needed a username (dont remember which website it was) I needed it to be longer so I used 2318 which is the number of my childhood address.

Avatar is my $1,000 hit on the Green Machine

6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like basketball. And I love Kentucky basketball. I was surprised the name was available (at least not without sticking a string of numbers on the end) so I snagged it. And the avatar photo is one I took of the canoe art at Citycenter shortly after it opened

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  7. kittyglitter_mm

kittyglitter_mm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kittyglitter was first slot I won over $1000 on and was my favorite for a long time. She's turned into a right foul bi$ch in the last few years though. :cry: I'd actually love to change my name but I don't know how:thumbsdown:

Like UKFanatic, I'm a huge UK basketball fan and spend an abnormal amount of time either watching them, reading about them, or obsessing about the upcoming season.

8. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thor has always been a nickname of mine...i'm not hot like that, but am 6'6", so i guess that's that...pic is a football helmet from the University of North Texas...i went to school there, season ticket holder for football for a decade now, love the school :beer::beer::beer:

9. kittyglitter_mm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, and mm is my initials.

10. kittyglitter_mm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sonya - your friend in that pic looks like the bass player for Bon Jovi in the 80s!

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014
  11. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was young, and just learning the internet, I signed up for an email trying to use the word Tatterdemalion from one of my favorite Queen songs. Tatterdema is the maximum number of characters I could use, so here we are.

My current Avatar was in hope of rescue for the people in my hometown from the devastating landslide. I should probably change it now that there is only 1 body left to recover, although there is still hope that eventually life will get back to normal in that area. Still a long ways to go.

12. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My name on here is a combination of my first and maiden last names, I've used it for years on a variety of boards. My avatar is our sweet little Koko, the one eyed wonder dog.

Thor, my niece just graduated from UNT a couple weeks ago!! She LOVED it there.

13. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He was a cat that thought he was a dog; rolling over, sitting up, hissing at the postman (ok maybe not the last one) and he lived 17 years so now he lives on here in the potted plant he liked to nap in on the porch.

14. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My other half and I both post under ardee here.
    His user name on another board was aardvark and mine was dee.
    I basically combined them to make ardee, as we both love Las Vegas (and this message board).
    I know, not much of an interesting story...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :yawn:

The avatar chosen is because...well...Sin really does suit me. :wink2:

15. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played in a band for a long time and everyone had nicknames besides me. One evening I (being funny about it) said it wasn't fair that I didn't have a nickname. I said I'd make up my own nickname if they didn't give me one and they didn't give me one. Our drummer used to call everyone "Rocker" all the time. So I stole Rocker as my nickname, it didn't stick. I started using Joshrocker for my online name (my first name is Josh).

My Avatar is a picture from last year.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  16. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now, that's my kind of cat. :thumbsup:

17. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, but he was the lead singer for Far Cry in the 90's instead. :) Gosh those were the days. I was living single and free, without a care in the world. I had my name at the box office of just about every show in the Bay Area and everyone knew me. I never bought drinks and worked for 2 of the top music magazines in the area at the time. And all that time I thought not having a steady boyfriend was my biggest problem. :kill:

How did I miss that you were from Oso? Our doggie group sent a much of pet stuff up there to help with the roaming animals and displaced pets (crates, beds, leashes, dishes, food, vet & first aid supplies, etc). I wanted to drive up with the load and see if I could help, but there wasn't room in my schedule.

We still plan to spend as many of our tourist dollars in the area as possible this summer.

18. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Sonya, I am actually from Arlington/Trafton, but it really is just one big community up there, as all the kids from Oso went to Arlington Schools. My friends are overwhelmed with the amount of support they have received, it has really helped them. Now the big issue is getting the road back open so that the people above the slide can get to work without a 2 hour detour. It means that the route through Darrington to the North Cascade Highway will not be getting the traffic this year, as well as the Bluegrass festival, etc. Any tourism that they can get will be a help.

19. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that is awesome to hear! glad she loved it! :beer::beer::beer:

20. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sybgal was something easy to remember when I 1st started using a home computer. I worked for Stock Yards Bank....thus the syb....daughter suggested to put gal at the end so I became sybgal for all eternity....lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.