1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flight prices from DC area...

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by undathesea, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone else notice that since the merger between US Airways and American Airlines the price of tickets to Las Vegas has increased substantially? It used to be that I could fly the nonstop roundtrip flight with US Airways that they fly once a day for around $500. That same flight this summer is almost $700.

In order to consummate the merger, US Airways had to agree to forfeit a few gates at National, but jeez, I didn't think it would cause the price to rise that much.

Frontier is starting service from Dulles this September and prices are still cheaper at BWI, but I really hate going all the way to BWI from Arlington when there's an airport right next door. Especially when most of the flights I want to take from BWI I'd have to travel there during rush hour.

In addition, I just flew to Dallas over the weekend to visit family. I got a ticket about a month ago on American. The ticket price from US Airways was nearly $100 more on the US Airways site for the exact same flight. I always consider flying US Airways first because of the membership and I have their CC, but I'm beginning to think I might need to move to a different airline now.

2. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not from DC but I only fly American when flying domestic. I've noticed an increase in fares ex-Seattle as well.

3. Kickin

Kickin Flea

There have been problems with their pricing since the merger with the same exact flight can costing you more on one of their sites than on the other, even though they are exactly the same and are no longer codeshares.

For instance I just put in random dates for cheapest coach NYC-LAS departing 6/5 on AA45 and returning 6/9 on AA120. Its $655 on AA's site and $750 on USAir's. I noticed it a while back when I was going to be in PHL (USAir hub) and may have had to fly somewhere from there. Wanted to book the US flight on AA since I'm AAdvantage and it could just populate all the fields, but noticed there was like a $500 difference on the same exact itinerary through their site.

4. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup I noticed it too. Usair out of dca used to ALWAYS be cheaper than united out of iad. Now they are both about the same price. To go out of bwi, you need to deal with alot of traffic and even parking which basically negates the price savings.

5. dhlamar

dhlamar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hhmmmmm I never factored in my parking at BWI considering I could catch the subway to DCA!!!!!!

6. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We live in Montgomery county so we can take advantage of the ICC. BWI is slightly further but the prices are so much cheaper. We use to fly United out ofDulles but between price and reliability we are now flying Southwest.

7. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BWI is a no brainer....I live closer to national but will fly out of BWI...I'm flying to vegas in sept for 124 one way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.