1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas MyVegas Support

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Mizzou233, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzou233

Mizzou233 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone had any success contacting MyVegas support via their website? I followed the instructions and submitted a question online. I got some automated response that didn't answer my question. It seemed like it was searching for some key words in my description/subject, and as I said, gave me an automated that didn't answer my question. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do next? Is there a direct person I can e-mail or call that anyone knows of? I appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thanks!

2. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ask here. Maybe we can help. :wink2:

3. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I once submitted a problem and got a canned response from them that didn't even address the issue.

I had to resubmit it as a "General comment" or something like that and they finally fixed the problem.

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've submitted through the game and they got back to me... it was for a refund or something.

Yea, what's your question, we can probably answer it.

5. Mizzou233

Mizzou233 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, I kinda figured I might have to do something like this.

The problem my wife and I encountered last night was: She was trying to redeem the Aria lunch buffet as a reward, and received a message back that said something along the lines of “Unable to purchase reward. Reward limit has been reached.” Well, I know this is false because she had only redeemed one other reward (2 Mirage Breakfast buffets) recently. I know you're allowed at least 3 rewards at a time, so I have no idea why she would've received this message. The last time we were in Vegas was in December of last year.

6. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has she gotten any shows or rooms for the upcoming trip? Just checking because lots of people do not understand that its 3 rewards per trip (or however many they are entitled to) and figure that if they secured their hotel or show a couple months prior that they are still entitled to 3 more rewards.
    Having said that, I know that there are people out there that get more than the allotted 3 (or 4 or however many they can redeem) and do this so that they have "options" when they get to Vegas and then return them when they get get back and get their LPs back.
    I have no idea how this works....if the reward can be "forced" through cuz I've not done it.

7. Mizzou233

Mizzou233 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, the 2 Mirage breakfast buffets is the only reward she's redeemed for this trip so far. She was just trying to redeem the Aria buffet when she got this message. It just didn't make any sense, especially since you're allowed 3 rewards.

8. dcksbsbll0644

dcksbsbll0644 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has she redeemed the Aria buffet reward on a previous trip? You can only purchase most rewards once. It doesn't matter how long it has been since she last redeemed it, if she's used it before and its a one per person reward then she can't redeem it again.

9. Mizzou233

Mizzou233 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She has redeemed it before, but I believe this was also the case with her Mirage buffets, and we were able to redeem those again for this trip. It would seem very strange if you can only redeem each reward once. One would think that would severly discourage people from playing the game.

10. Jake&Avery

Jake&Avery Planning my next vacation!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    from what I remember, you can redeem some rewards more than once and others can only be redeemed once.

Perhaps there is a certain time limit that once its passed you can then redeem a 2nd "already redeemed" reward, but if so, I'm not sure what that time limit is.

and I've also contacted their customer support and received a response pretty fast...

11. dcksbsbll0644

dcksbsbll0644 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think almost every reward besides bonus comp rooms can only be redeemed once per batch. A reward becomes a new batch either when it goes away for a while and then they bring it back or they change the LP price on it. Im guessing the mirage buffet price changed since she last redeemed it and that is why she was able to redeem them again.

12. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just checked and it does say 1 per myvegas player. Sometimes people can get a reward again if they come from a "new batch". If there were to be a price hike in a reward that usually constitutes a "new batch". I didn't look at the particulars on the Mirage rewards but...it may be that there is no limit on them or she got a new batch and was allowed to purchase

13. Mizzou233

Mizzou233 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, this may be what happened. She put in another request on the MyVegas website to verify. It does seem strange to me that you can only redeem each reward once. So, once you've redeemed the buffets, show tickets, or other rewards once, there's essentially no reason to play the game anymore. Again, seems like backwards logic to me.

14. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There used to not be a way to know if you were allowed to redeem for the same reward again. We always had to assume when a new "batch" would come along. If this is the case, then this will be very helpful for those wondering if a reward is part of a a new "batch" and if you can actually use the reward.

15. Mizzou233

Mizzou233 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I absolutely agree with you. If you figure out a way to find out whether or not you are eligible to redeem a reward, please let me know. Thanks!

16. Mizzou233

Mizzou233 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All, just a quick update, my wife did hear back from the MyVegas support people. As a few of you mentioned in this thread, they confirmed you can only buy certain rewards one time. If they make any changes to the reward, obviously it can be purchased again. I'm glad that I know about this now, as it will change how I play the game, along with the awards I aim for.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.