1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Presidential Limo - No more Champagne?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Suekel, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been checking out their website, as I wanted to book a Limo for transport from airport to hotel in a couple weeks. When I looked last week, everything was normal, including the blurb about includes a bottle of champagne and a rose. I held off on booking, and when I went to book today I noticed it now says on each option that it includes a complimentary bottle of sparkling cider. (which is, of course, non alcoholic).

I called with a few questions, including about the change. The guy had to put me on hold and when he came back he said yes, that was a recent change they made, but that he could make a note on our reservation requesting champagne and they "would do their best to honor it."

I went ahead and booked because the champagne or lack thereof is not a deal breaker for me, but thought it was interesting. I hadn't seen mention of this change on here, so thought I'd post it.

2. miggs1310

miggs1310 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exact same thing happened to me yesterday! I didn't call but instead did an online chat with them and I was told that they still have champagne but they put cider on the website for prom season. I made a note in the comments section of my reservation for champagne, hopefully it owrks out.

3. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like it's just a temporary thing, then, which is good. Not that it affects me personally because I never use them, but it'd be a bad sign if this was a permanent change.

4. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eh, maybe they should consider making it a permanent change. The "champagne" they use is horrible.

5. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what the 'gasoline surcharge' covers.

6. I know, it's vinegar :haha:

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used them from the airport on 5/4 and had champagne. No rose though and no rose last October when we used them. I don't know why prom season would have anything to do with it since most/all prom goers are under 21 anyway.

8. miggs1310

miggs1310 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which is exactly why they switch it to sparkling cider on the website, it is non-alcoholic. Imagine a parent looking to book their teenagers a limo for prom...

At least that's what the rep told me via chat.

9. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many proms are booked via web specials for airport transfers. I guess that is the real question.

I used Presidential once and had a great experience.

10. miggs1310

miggs1310 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great question

11. Redbirdjen44

Redbirdjen44 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NO MORE J. ROGE??? Never used them for the booze, but had A TON of laughs with a lot of friends about how horrible it was and the octogenarian, George, who always seemed to pick us up.

12. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I realize the champage is crap, but we are surprising our young friends with the limo and thought it would add to the experience to have mimosas during the ride. We will grab some OJ from the shop by baggage claim on our way out.

13. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Technically they dont have a wine and beer license and even giving the alcohol for FREE has always raised eyebrows. Every couple years they get issued and because they are the largest transportation company in NV and top 5 in the nation they keep getting away with it. Several years ago they used to give all the ladies roses then they went to just one. I think its good for a bride or something, but a large group of ladies that are coming to party is always odd. i used to always wonder do you give it to the person paying the bill or what. Also some days when a river is out all day, they may not grab enough roses.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.