1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Amazing Race

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by redzone, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redzone

redzone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The finale of the Amazing Race ends next Sunday in Las Vegas. Something about doing an illusion with David Copperfield. They also are lifted to the Mirage light sign for something.

I am rooting for the country girls.

2. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brenchel FTMFW!!!!!

3. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like a great place to have a finale. Country girls or Father/son teams.
    NOT team big brother. :nono:

4. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After the tandrum the father/son team threw after getting U-turned I stopped routing for them...and I am also getting tired of them saying "we are gonna be the first parent/child team" , "We are gonna be oldest AND youngest to ever win"...drives me nuts.

The Country girls have been carried through the game by the other teams...Express pass from the cowboys, and endless help from the afganimals and the mormon boys. Not to mention TWO non-eliminations.

Team BB is pretty much the only team that I feel has really played the game the right way

5. normcarver

normcarver Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw the preview last night definitely looks like it going to be a good finale. I'm also rooting for the country girls, glad the afgans were voted off last night can't stand them or the father son team.

6. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brenchels are obnoxious and whiney but are the best team remaining, thanks to Afghanimals U-turning the cowboys and then tanking this week when nobody would give them directions. I got the feeling the English were afraid of them. Country girls would need an awful lot of luck. Father-son are lucky not to have hit something Dad could not do.

From day one I wanted the cowboys or the Afghanimals. Good teams, honorable players within the parameters of the rules, great attitudes. Now I don't care that much who wins, except that I sort of don't want the Brenchels. Winning the race is an idiotic criterion to meet in order to start a family.

7. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    people dont get voted out of this show...

which is what makes it better than the other reality competition shows that are strictly based on popularity.

If you come in last on a leg you are eliminated (usually)

Afganimals were one of the better teams, played with their minds and not their emotions, were good at the obstacles and were honorable. It was shocking that they were so bad at navigating last night (and that the girls did so well at navigating) when the entire show they were one of the top navigating teams.

It was a good season though.

8. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go team Brenchel!!!! I can't to see Vegas.

Sema Show
  9. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, Rachel has her CW career to fall back on if she's burned through the $500K from BB. Can't understand why that's not a big enough nest egg. And Brendon will be a tenured professor someday. Rachel went to the tear bucket last night because she didn't read the clue. Serves her right.

The little blonde country singer is cuter than hell. I'm love her eyes. What's wrong with taking advantage of some breaks? They twice avoided elimination.

Pop and son have been having incredible good fortune so far. All it takes is a clueless cabbie to lose the game. Maybe they get tunneled!!!

I'm backing the blondes.

10. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotta say team Brenchel will have the advantage here. After all, Rachel lived in Las Vegas for quite some time as a cocktail waitress and I'm sure knows her way around much better than the other teams.

11. Gomar

Gomar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the cowboys and the Afghanis are out, then I want the senior citizen and the youngster to win.
    Brandchel I cant stand; the 2 blondes could make a mil by posing for Playboy.

12. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is one of my "cannot miss" shows. I've been watching it from day 1, season 1. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm rooting for Brenchel. She has been so much more normal and less whiny this season. Well, except for this last episode. And I can't stand the other teams, and Brendon and Rachael winning would just burn their asses so hard. :evillaugh

13. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shockingly, I'm team Brenchel as well. That pity party the old guy had for himself after getting U-turned was a huge turnoff and the girls seemed to be helped the whole way.

14. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh, I just don't like any of them at this point. I'll be traveling on Sunday and won't watch the finale (we record them all anyway so we don't have to watch commercials - it's just we usually watch a little later the same night)

15. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Brenchal's deserve to win. They worked through everything themselves and she has matured or grown.. or is just less annoying than the last time they were on. They are a solid team, very competitive, love or hate Rachel but the girl is a player!

The father/son team, I'm sorry I was rooting for them until they were Uturned then I lost respect for them. Can they not see they are a threat and if you want to win the game you have plays that can help you deter threats from moving on??

The country singers, they got lucky on the 2 legs they were last; plus, they got help along the way from a bunch of teams to get them through. I don't think they are deserving of the win, but if they win I will be playing: Luck be a lady! :evillaugh

16. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Granted, Rachel has matured. In five more years, I might just dislike her. After reading and thinking more about it, I agree that the dad and son were annoying when they got u-turned. It's part of the game. I have to root for the country girls because they never act superior and will just whine for effect.

17. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if the "accidental alliance" would share all the money with eachother since they raced the last few legs as an 8 person team...

makes no sense to me...its a game to win money...why help eachother...

18. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, that is really a pet peeve of mine. It's a GAME! For a MILLION dollars! Why do these people get so put off when someone does something "mean" like u-turn them, or whatever the case may be? You play to win the game. All of this lovey-dovey "let's help each other" crap is very off-putting to me.

19. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amazing race finale in Las Vegas

If anyone is interested....amazing race finale is in Las Vegas....starting now

20. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    on tv...CBS

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.