1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Changing hotels

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by carrie_dave_and_cody, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carrie_dave_and_cody

carrie_dave_and_cody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The DH and I are having problems figuring out where we want to stay on our vacation. I have enough Lp's thru MyVegas to stay at Aria for 3 nights but, I am thinking about going for 4 nights staying 2 nights at Monte Carlo and 2 nights at Aria. We are going Sunday thru Wednesday or Thursday. My husband has always wanted to stay at the Monte Carlo, and I want to stay at Aria which is why I was thinking about splitting the trip. What are your experiences with splitting your stay? Please help me make this decision.

2. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I spent one night at a Planet Hollywood suite and three other nights at TI for EDC last year. I hated changing hotel rooms because it was a hassle waking up early when we had stayed out all night. And at the time we didn't know we could leave our luggage with the hotel, either. So we held onto it in our rental car.

But splitting 2 days somewhere and 2 days somewhere else doesn't seem like it would be that bad, so long as you're not staying out all night like us. Because that 11 am check-out is way too early for us.

3. kittyglitter_mm

kittyglitter_mm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since they are side by side and connected inside that would be no problem. Not sure what your husband is so excited about MC. Aria is WAYYYY nicer in every way. I'd stay 1 night MC and 3 Aria.

4. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve done it…it’s actually kind of fun- I prefer one place and will stay there during most of my stay but sometimes, I will stay at a different place that I have never stayed before, when I arrive for one night mostly, maybe two…it can be a lot of fun…

5. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've done it before....in the early days of our LV travels due to free rooms of 2-3 nites each place on a 5-6 nite trip. It was fine....liked having different experiences at the hotels....just hated packing our stuff up. Now that we can get 5-6 nites comped at our fav hotels, we just stay put at one. Good luck!

6. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always change hotels, but we go for up to 12 nights. Check out/in is sometimes a pain but for us we get a little excited seeing what is behind the next door. It also helps us see different areas of the strip as I have some mobility issues. Aria is much nicer, but we have stayed @ MC a while back and did enjoy it. Have a great trip.

7. alana86

alana86 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like changing hotels at least once (we go for a week) to check out a different hotel room/pool/section of the strip. Keeps it more interesting. Can be annoying though if you have to change and pack up more than once. This upcoming trip we are actually changing hotels 3 times because all of the rooms are free.

8. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the hotel change for the first time last month. Bally's to Monte Carlo. It was really, really easy (especially after about 10 drinks before noon).

Definitely go for it. You walk from Aria to MC will take 5 minutes and you don't have to step outside. A perfect opportunity to give it a shot!

9. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last years did 3 changes in 5 nights, 2 at MC,2 at Aria and last night a Paris, added last night at Paris because it was comped and it was cheaper to pay the resort fee for an extra night and I saved $110 in airfare for the extra day, All these resorts are 5-10 min walk max to and from. We always do carry-on so bags were not a problem. Just leave them with baggage crew to store and come back later at check in time if they cant get you in before 3pm

10. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I come for 2-3 weeks every year, and when I was on the strip I would normally split the trip between 2 hotels for a change of atmosphere.

I can't say that I would find it much fun if I was moving multiple times on a short visit, and would definitely prefer one spot for any trip under a fortnight.

That said, it's not much hassle to move if you just use the bellboys at each place etc.

11. aashleyjc

aashleyjc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We don't like to change hotels, but Monte Carlo and aria are so close it shouldn't be a hassle. If it's what you want, go for it!

12. jukie

jukie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We come form the UK every year and always change hotels mainly to utilise comp rooms

we are staying 13 nights in August and are doing 4 hotels (ideally we would only do 3) 10 nights comped at 3 different ones and then the other 3 nights downtown in California paid for

Not sure I would move between 2 hotels next door to each other though, we tend to move to different areas on and off the strip

As someone else said it is exciting seeing behind the different doors

13. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worst I've done was 2 nights Luxor,, 1 night Mirage, 2 nights Aria, 4 nights NYNY. Went from a tower room at Luxor, to a 1 bedroom tower suite at Mirage, to a panoramic corner suite at Aria, and finally to a spa "suite" at NYNY. Despite the obvious let down of the spa suite at NYNY after the tower suite and corner suite, we were glad to finally stay put for 4 days in a row. It's tiring and annoying to keep unpacking/packing and checking-in, even with invited guest lines. It was kind of fun to do once, but a huge pain. Will not be doing it again. (Another issue was that since we were there for so long and drove, we had tons of luggage, which added to the hassle of unpacking/packing and bringing all the luggage around. I really dislike using bellhop service, but if I did it again, I'd use it in a heartbeat).

14. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a piece of advice if you decide to do it. Always move up not down when changing hotels. While a hotel like MC is a perfectly fine room, going from Aria to the MC will make the MC feel like a dump, even if normally you'd be fine with it. Any time I have to take 1 night on a long trip and the night is going to be at a lesser hotel than my main reservation, I always stick it on the front end if possible.

15. Jonnyvegas

Jonnyvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are doing it for the first time this up coming trip. We got a good rate at Bellagio Sunday - Thursday. We fly in late (9pm) Saturday night. I didn't feel like paying for a few hours at a Saturday rate at Bellagio so I used myvegas points for a free room Saturday at Monte Carlo.

Not really looking forward to the hassle of the changing either.

16. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did it earlier this year on a 5 night trip staying 3 nights at PHO and 3 nights at MGM double booking on the third night. I liked the change but my wife would have preferred staying at PHO. Since we were already checked in at MGM we were able to drop our stuff off without checking in which was a plus.
    Mark

17. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a great tip. We always try to do this as it adds to the anticipation.

18. Chrisbeans

Chrisbeans High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've changed hotels during our stays in Vegas and it hasn't been too bad. Last time we checked out of Aria (two weeks ago), they emailed us an express check-out link the morning of check-out day. I called down to request an hour later check-out (from 11am to noon) without any problem. A few minutes before we were leaving, I went back to that email, clicked a few buttons and, voila, I was checked out and ready to move to the next hotel. Because I wasn't packing to take the bags to the airport, I didn't necessarily have to be extra careful re-packing my things. Would I have rather stayed longer and not have to switch hotels? Of course. But I would rather stay in a "free" hotel room than pay upwards of $600 to extend my stay at the one hotel. Hope this helps!

19. mossman

mossman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a routine and it seems to work well. We normally stay a week so the car works well during the first half of the trip. It allows us to stock up on supplies directly from the airport. We can also visit Red Rocks, premium outlets during the first few days. We found the car to be a waste the second half the of the week as it just sat.

A good pool is a must so we normally stay at MGM or The Hotel at Mandalay Bay. The first night we arrive around noon.. usually Saturday. We are so beat from the trip the pool is not important.

So first night we try somewhere new. We have the car to make the change easy. Also, I make sure to put a change of clothes in my carry on (good idea anyway) so first night I simply take that smaller bag with me and I am all set. I leave the big suitcase in the car for the change over the next night. Makes it easy and works out well Nice to try a new place. I would never want to swap more than once during a week though. Wasted time during your precious vacation time. That's just me though.

20. carrie_dave_and_cody

carrie_dave_and_cody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank for all the input. We have decided to just stay at Aria to 4 nights we are there, since I have enough points from playing MyVegas. My DH decided since that's where I want to stay for my birthday and I can get it for free we might as well stay there for the entire trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.