1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need Advice on 2nd room... if possible

Discussion in 'Comps' started by azn2050, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azn2050

azn2050 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello,

Forums been a great help before. I booked a hotel room for a group of buddies (3 of us) and now the group has risen to 6. Is there a way to book another comped room via phone or other? I booked PH through trip calendar originally.

If not, can I call and have them give me a discount better than online with expedia or whatever. Im platinum if that helps with CET. No play really with Mlife. Would I be able to waive resort fee on paid room too if booked under my name?

Or its not possible.

Thanks!

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    is the first cet room a comp if so you can get a friends and family discount but the must be booked into the same hotel and the same dates.
    you might have got a mailer with an offer code if not call and ask for one

3. azn2050

azn2050 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes full comp on the first one. How much is the friends and family discount... I didnt want waste 10 bucks on the phone call if for nothing. haha ironic in that this is a gamble in itself.

4. degeneratewho

degeneratewho Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    prob like 20-30% cheaper. why would it cost you $10 to call? their numbers are toll free.

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no clue call and ask, rates change daily

6. azn2050

azn2050 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

There's a 10 dollar fee to use tr booking rep isn't it.? Or is it when u book. Guess no fee to ask

7. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What dates/days are you going? Did you check to see if there's anything going on that week/weekend? Since you got your 1st room fully comped, I assume you do some decent gambling. Do you have a host? If so, maybe you can talk to a host and see if he/she is able to COMP you a 2nd room depending on your play. If you're not really planning to put any decent gambling in or play at your normal level, you should just go ahead and pay for the 2nd room at the discounted price like some of the posters suggested. Also, depending on when you're planning to travel, you can try the TR calendar again and input 2 rooms vice 1, and see what the prices come out to for each room, each day. Buy be advised, you will have to cancel your current reservation in order to check and verify again. Cause if you have a current reservation for the days you check on the TR website, it will say you have an existing reservation already.

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    miss cleo says its free to ask :peace:

9. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not true about canceling to check rates. just use tr calander you will be fine dont cancel , use the calender loged in.

but just call and ask its free and simple, this is getting way to complicated:faint:

10. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're semi-right. You may not have to cancel current reservation, if you call them and ask about the rates. But if using TR website, if you try to search for specific days as the same days his current reservation is on, it'll pop up saying you have an existing reservation already. In reference to the TR calendar, yes you can see the rates on that main page, but that's the rate for 1 room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.